A Newbie Question - Water Tank Filling On A Cl (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We've now had two mini trips away in our new to us MH :):):) and on both occasions we had a water tap within blue hose length from the van.
What do you all do when staying on a CL where the water is a bit of a distance. We sold our Aquarolls with our caravan, and wouldn't have room to store one anyway. Do you drive over to the tap? or what?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for all your comments. But if you take an aquaroll, how do you get the water from it into the water tank? 29 or 40 litres is quite a weight to lift.

I have one of these.

It does about 8l/minute so it doesn't take long.

GP1642-Whale-Portable-Pump-Kit.jpg

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
hi sorry hijack the post but we are also newbies and have yet to fill our water tank. if not on a site and wild camping would you fill up before you go or can you get water feom services etc? also would we just need a hosepipe with a tap connection to fill up? sorry for the stupid questions, just not sure how it all works! also do we need a hose to empty waste water or just open tap and let it drain out onto road?

Both of those questions are very common but create a lot of debate.

Carrying water.. lots of us fill up wherever we can so not always sure its drinking water therefore never drink out of our tanks. In terms of whether to drive with a full tank or not you will get lots of differing views.

For grey, it's pretty unanimous that you shouldn't let it out other than in a proper service place designed for it but there is a view that differs to that.

For me, I leave the house with full fresh and empty waste and if I need to I fill and empty where I can.. I'm not averse to letting grey go where it won't affect anybody else but I am aware that spreading it on the road creates a very small risk to motorcycle users and the general public seeing liquid peeing out the bottom of a camper will always assume the worst

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We always travel nearly empty, fill up wherever we can and always drink it. Never put anything other than water in the fresh tank either.

Only ever dump grey in a proper place.

Upvote 0

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
The previous owner said camp sites have a drain. are these like cattle grids where you would just park over it and open the waste tap or do you need to connect a pipe and un it into the drain like drains grids on roads?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The previous owner said camp sites have a drain. are these like cattle grids where you would just park over it and open the waste tap or do you need to connect a pipe and un it into the drain like drains grids on roads?

If you find one of those you can just drive over it and empty. No need for a pipe. Not all places have them though. Some will only be a manhole so you need to be more accurate in driving over it to get your outlet in the right place.

Others will have somewhere that you can't drive over so some sort of container will be needed.

If you're pitched on grass it's usually OK just to dump onto the grass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Many campsites, particularly in the UK don't have a drain that you can drive over. We usually put a bucket under the grey waste outlet and leave the tap open and then just empty the bucket regularly down the manhole or wherever the campsite tell you chuck it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back