A Newbie from Waterlooville in Hampshire (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2014
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic I51
Exp
Since 2015.
Hello to you all,

My wife and I have been happy caravaners for some years and enjoyed every minute, even when clouded in midges in the far north of Scotland.

However, this year, returning from Spain through France (without the van) we could not help noticing the arrangements made by even small towns and villages for motorhome owners. We have never fancied taking a caravan onto the continent, but like the idea of a motorhome. We are now light of pocket but richer by owning a Carthage Chic I51 and can't wait for the new season to start, hopefully our fist trip will be in January.

Looking forward to getting the most out of Motorhome Fun and our new hobby.

Freddy & Betty

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome Freddy and Betty, you didn't happen to buy your van from Conway did you?

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi Freddy n Betty and welcome I live in Whitby North Yorkshire plenty of parking this way on site or free

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello Freddy & Betty, we to have not had our MH for long July been out lots in it though love it I would not go back to a caravan now the thought of sitting in an awning for two weeks doing the same thing day after day same walks with the dogs scary!!! best move you have made and another is coming on here they are all so knowledgeable anything you need to know just ask and you will get all the help you need

Pamie&Nigel

OP
OP
FreddyBB
Nov 25, 2014
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic I51
Exp
Since 2015.
Dear Janine, Shack, Wildman, Scousebird, Momo, Brisey, Dawn B, Jue & Dave, Popeye, Grasscuter, Jim, Carol, Sleep e carr, Terry from the South Island, Rob & Jane, Tim, Alan & Diane, Pamie & Nigel and Mousy,

Thanks to you all for the unforgettable welcome to this fun site.

We traded our Coachman Laser 650/4 yesterday afternoon and now waiting to take delivery of our new toy. Really looking forward to travelling on the continent and feel confident everybody will be able to steer us in the right directions.

Once again, very many thanks you all.

Freddy & Betty

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi Freddy and welcome to FUN, as you will soon find this is the best forum on the net for all and any motorhome questions you may have. Bet your really looking forward to playing with your new toy. (y)

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Congratulations Freddy & Betty, great choice of van and for choosing the best fun forum. Welcome from just up the road Winchester.

Did you for a left hand drive given your continental yearnings or are you staunchly British, keeping a right hooker?

All the best.

Terran & Lin :clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FreddyBB
Nov 25, 2014
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic I51
Exp
Since 2015.
Thanks everyone once again for the tremendous welcome.

In answer to a couple of questions, we are buying our van from a local dealer in Portsmouth and yes, with the continent in mind we opted for a left hand drive. We will probably do as much driving within the UK, but I wanted Betty to have a go and we both think it will be much easier on the continent to have a left had drive. Time will tell. Betty has already had a quick test drive and we are planning to attend a local driving course so that we don't mess up straight away.

Freddy & Betty

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks everyone once again for the tremendous welcome.

In answer to a couple of questions, we are buying our van from a local dealer in Portsmouth and yes, with the continent in mind we opted for a left hand drive.

Freddy & Betty

We bought our Knaus Sky from Southdown Motorcaravans and have found them to be very good. Most of our travels will be UK based so we opted for a right hooker but will suffer when we get across the ditch. Enjoy your motorhome and hope to see you on site soon. Make sure you get your Motorhome fun sticker so we can spot you.
Enjoy! :clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back