Shadowhood

Free Member
Jul 5, 2017
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi folks, a newbie here. Me and my wife are close to buying our first MH. Hired a couple and got the bug. Went to the NEC last October and the Northern Show at Harrogate in March to look at all models and we thought we had it narrowed down to a Chausson 630 or Adria SL and SLS Slide out, but both had different wee niggles that didn't appeal to us. Went to see a Pilote at the weekend in Perth and although we'll never get everything single thing we want, the Pacific 700GJ is sitting in first place right now. Heading to the show (again) this October to get a final look at models that suit our layout before deciding. We'd still like to buy local though (Scotland).
They never said it'd be this difficult..!
Anyway, looking forward to picking your brains about stuff.
Great forum.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Difficult yes but so much fun.(y)

Wyn

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: , welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the Broken Link Removed

Shoeless

Free Member
May 17, 2017
Aberdaron
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenza
Exp
Since 2015
Difficult? Not in the Shoeless household.

We popped by a second hand dealership to have, you know, just a look to see what the fuss was all about and the next thing that I know we'd put down a deposit, handed over the Freelander (only one small fire) as part exchange and then I looked at my wife, the dealer and said "You know, I had better check to see if my licence will let me drive this thing..."

That's how to buy a motorhome. Preperation? Pah! Research? None of that neither. Less an a month later we handed the keys into (or up, if you prefer) the landlord and set out onto the road.

Welcome to the wonderful world aboard four wheels.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Difficult? Not in the Shoeless household.

We popped by a second hand dealership to have, you know, just a look to see what the fuss was all about and the next thing that I know we'd put down a deposit, handed over the Freelander (only one small fire) as part exchange and then I looked at my wife, the dealer and said "You know, I had better check to see if my licence will let me drive this thing..."

That's how to buy a motorhome. Preperation? Pah! Research? None of that neither. Less an a month later we handed the keys into (or up, if you prefer) the landlord and set out onto the road.

Welcome to the wonderful world aboard four wheels.
That's the way to do it do it......(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back