LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as a teenager I soon learnt on building sites (dad owned a building firm) that dirty jobs are just part of life. I dug up and replaced drains and got filthy dirty. wash your hands before eating or driving was the usual routine. wearing rubber gloves to empty your own shit down a drain? you dont wear them to wipe your arse when filling the cassette

a good wash with antibacterial soap is all that is required

all these silly threads remind me of a boy with learning disabilities that fell in an elsan pit at a c&cc rally years ago. he was washed off but had blue stained hands and face all weekend

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The tanker driver that used to suck out one of the sumps at work was telling us he'd been to the local water treatment plant and was told to go and see Bob. Bob had been "manually" cleaning one of the filter screens using a broken hacksaw blade, no gloves on and he was smoking a roll up, the driver said Bob had a little brown circle on his lips where the cigarette was, and it wasn't nicotine. :sick:
The tanker driver would have brown lips. And very bad breath.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Don't worry about a bit of merde, it is inside not outside unless you are very sloppy, just lick off the bits and rinse under the tap when filling it with the top up.:sick:

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
whats a cassette????
don't have them on my rv, just a bloody big shit tank and a long hose.
drive over grid, lift cover, put hose in grid, turn tap and its done:D:D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
whats a cassette????
don't have them on my rv, just a bloody big shit tank and a long hose.
drive over grid, lift cover, put hose in grid, turn tap and its done:D:D

I think I can help you out there Ian.

A 'cassette' is a device to hold a limited amount of excrement(usually 17lts, but don't ask me the weight as I do not know what the average SpG is of the average mix of No. 1s and No. 2s is in the average MH)

This limited capacity enables those deficient MHomers, with little payload and/or no C/C1 licence, to stay under the legal weight and not to have to carry the extra weight of a 'big shit tank'(even empty) and a long hose.

It also enables those 'deficient' MHomers to enjoy their pastime without spending a shitload of money on a big beast just to carry more shit.

I know there is a thread running about 'Motorhome snobbery' but this thread is taking that subject excrementally.

Yours faihfully

T. Crapper.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Bit of poop never did my cornflakes any harm.

Don't know what the fuss is all about, empty the cassette and wash your hands the next time you pee, or use everyone else's!!! :)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
I was going to ask about this, is it ok to use the hose provided to rinse out the cassette after emptying or is that taboo? And once you’ve been sprayed with the contents, no use wearing gloves less you’re in a divers dry suit!!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I was going to ask about this, is it ok to use the hose provided to rinse out the cassette after emptying or is that taboo? And once you’ve been sprayed with the contents, no use wearing gloves less you’re in a divers dry suit!!
The hose is there to rinse all you need too, just don't spray it over yourself as there's no reason that should happen.

While the hose hanging in the poop place is for the cassette, don't ever be tempted to use a fresh water tap, leave that to the French:)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
The simple answer is, get someone else to do it for you:D

Or .......... wear nappies;)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I dont wear gloves for this though I do have thermal ones for filling the gas. I dont rinse the cassette except at the end of a trip, seemx the bugs left behind improve the smell, bit like a septic tank. Would never use 'blue' so would never use one of those emptying machines.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Eerrm? You fellas EMPTY your cassettes?

Yeh sounds reasonable I suppose!

Does that mean I have to close that slide thingee, you know the thngee like they used to have in Railway carriages? "Do not flush at the Station"?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back