Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Some of the sights I've seen.........

Particularly a guy with full length rubber apron, elbow length rubber gloves, cassette in one hand, spray can in the other. All that was missing was full headgear and maybe rubber boots though I cannot recall the footware so maybe he did have them.

I do wonder what these people do in the bathroom and when having intercourse. Can you get full body condoms ?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Full NBC suit and rubber gloves here :)

Seriously though, I do get rather pee'd off (see what I did there? (y) ) when the C&MHC hoses have a connector which is totally one-directional. Try to turn it round to put some water in the cassette to rinse it and you are treated to a full-body sluicing. Not nice if you are about to hit the road and have to sit in wet trousers for the rest of the day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

Particularly a guy with full length rubber apron, elbow length rubber gloves, cassette in one hand, spray can in the other. All that was missing was full headgear and maybe rubber boots though I cannot recall the footware so maybe he did have them.

I do wonder what these people do in the bathroom and when having intercourse. Can you get full body condoms ?

I know a man who does a line in ex MOD stock, He had some NB Suits?. Reckoned when Putin got back into power he could sell them back the Ministry of Defence!.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I use disposable gloves as A) I have a marine tank that requires the cap to be removed & you are grovelling around underneath , & B) how do all you people lift the grating rope using bare hands ? I.e Canterbury P&R ?
& yes I then wash after & if for any reason I've had to do it without gloves which happens occasionally then I'll wash them first with neat chlorine.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

Yep, here's me a few years ago dressed for a night of passion

passion.jpg

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Never used gloves all the time I had a caravan. Purchased motorhome and on first trip, Portugal at Turiscampo, everyone was wearing gloves so I thought it was a motorhome thing and have been wearing them ever since.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Having had to put my hands into areas of a Tristar toilets and bins systems that I didn’t really want to, I don’t find emptying the cassette a chore at all and must admit laugh internally when I see the “gauntlet brigade” in full flow.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Gloves for me, kept in the cassette compartment.
Despite which my wife insists on a hand wash before commencing romantic overtures.:ROFLMAO:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Or As Billy Conolly Said. "Ever wondered what happens to all those jobby`s when you flush in an Aeroplane"?.:D2

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Screenshot_20180203-083740.jpg

Gloves are for dirty jobs ;) like filling the diesel tank. :LOL: Bob.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I always use my gloves which I keep in the loo locker there the bright green ones which are made for handling caustic soda so they should be ok for the loo and I spray them after I have used them . Especially after seeing some of the numptys using the disposal points and once I was at a showground and the person emptied their cassette down the surface water drain when there was a queue at the CDP.and then rinsed it under the fresh water tap.:mad::mad:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I'm a nurse. I wear gloves for everything! :eek:
Seriously though, I'm not bothered about the contents, (all my own!), but I always manage to spill the toilet fluid when refilling and it stains.:frowny:
Exactly. Also a nurse (well I was - but I'm better now! :LOL:) I used to have hands stained with chemical stuff after every emptying session. Not bothered by the contents after some of things I've had my hands in but the chemical won't wash off!

I feel like I should re-post my favourite toilet emptying clip at this point:-

Wyn

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I worked in the waste water industry for many years. We often met folks who were revolted by the process liquors and the thought of coming into contact with them.

I always identified with the comment "it might be sh*t to you but it is my bread and butter".

Not that I was complacent, don't get me wrong, sensible precautions like proper hand-washing or whatever makes you comfortable in enjoying all aspects of the hobby are fine, but PLEASE no more disposable gloves. There are better alternatives.

What did upset me recently was that the toilet disposal facilities at the Cheddar CMC site had no hand washing facilities. "Make sure you park exactly in the middle of your pitch". But we don't care about your personal sanitation.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I always use my gloves which I keep in the loo locker there the bright green ones which are made for handling caustic soda so they should be ok for the loo and I spray them after I have used them
Mine are the same and are many years old ... I may go for a more fashionable colour when they eventually expire.(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I try and wait till it's either dark or deserted to empty mine .. .....

Nearly died of embarrassment when one kind gentleman ran out of his mh to empty it for me ... I wouldn't let go of it and we ended up doing a pull push dance till he won the snatch!

I know he meant well but I didn't want him seeing the meals I had the previous two days. ...:oops:
If the contents were still recognisable you need urgent medical help :D.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Now we're right up there with the best of Funster threads: bogs & sex in one posting. Must be possible to bring on gassing & grey water before the end? :Grin:

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
bare hands and a bit of care, i do use the automatic machines when one is available. normal hygiene routine when required.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now we're right up there with the best of Funster threads: bogs & sex in one posting. Must be possible to bring on gassing & grey water before the end? :Grin:

Oops sorry I forgot, I'm sure he was carrying a gas mask in a back pack.

I saw him at the grey waste dump earlier, he surrounded his MH with yellow barriers and opened the grey waste tap from outside the hazard area using a long pole with fork on the end. After that he produced a fire hose and washed down the whole area and the fencing before packing them into his garage.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The tanker driver that used to suck out one of the sumps at work was telling us he'd been to the local water treatment plant and was told to go and see Bob. Bob had been "manually" cleaning one of the filter screens using a broken hacksaw blade, no gloves on and he was smoking a roll up, the driver said Bob had a little brown circle on his lips where the cigarette was, and it wasn't nicotine. :sick:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I’m in the dispo’ gloves camp. The Canterbury ‘Aire’ has a disgusting bit of rope to pull the grid (as do other places). No way would I handle that!
Remember guys (and guy-esses) it ain’t only YOUR efforts that can splash up on you. Who knows what germs others are carrying!

Anyway, disposable gloves are handy when checking the oil too (y)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Something for you to think about. As a pressure vessel examiner, one of my "jobs" was the Vessels, part of the sewage process at Thames Water (circa 1984). We where always advised that IF we had "Flu Like" symptoms, we should see our Doctor, and advise that we should be checked for Wiles Disease, present in rat urine, which presents like `flu in the early stages.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well I like to save water, it is a precious commodity!!

So I wash my hands with the last few glugs of the cassette while emptying!!

Never did me any harm!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Some of the lift up lids and covers on dumps at aires are pretty manky.
I have a pair of hefty rubber gloves to deal with them.
Where the facilities are clean and tidy it's bare hands and a wash.

Richard.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Some of the lift up lids and covers on dumps at aires are pretty manky.
I have a pair of hefty rubber gloves to deal with them.
Where the facilities are clean and tidy it's bare hands and a wash.

Richard.

Doesn’t Kate do it rich? Lol. X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back