Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I've started my conversion to an L shaped lounge. Amazing how much demolition you can do in a couple of hours.
From this
$_12OI5JNO1Z.jpg

To this
WP_20160321_006.jpg

and finally this
WP_20160321_007.jpg

So far I've done nothing I can't put back in a few hours if I chicken out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Suggestion for you in case you have't thought of it!

Use the existing base that you've taken out to make the end of the 'L' shape with the water tank back inside it, then leave a gap between it and the existing dinette seat. Then make a removable seat base to fill the gap - that way if you have rear passengers you can remove the seat base and cushions so they have somewhere to put their legs.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Brave man! In mine, which has a factory-fitted L-shape, the water tank sits in the steel cage under the left-hand (rear) seat. Any chance you could fit yours there, leaving a void beneath the narrower extension part of the L-shape? I think my biggest concern would be securing the tank so that 120 kg (when full) would not shift under braking or cornering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I do like this forum. You are full of good ideas and advice.
Just playing around with the bits I've removed to see what might work.
Minxy. I hadn't thought of that. I was going to leave just the one forward facing seat in the rear. As our main use is just for the 2 of us I was really interested in a comfortable lounge area and making better use of the captains chairs as part of the living area. Now I've thought about it I'm planning to adopt your idea, especially when I realised I would be removing the only 3 point seat belt in the rear if Idon't.
JeanLuc. The metal frame around the water tank seems to be mainly the support for the seat belts with the additional benefit of providing a cage around the water tank. I don't need the seat belts but I'm intending to re-use the frame to make a cage and provide support for the new panelling.
If I leave the water tank in the same position as the photos below I can even use the same drain hole in the floor. the filler hose might be a bit convoluted but I think it's doable. I don't fancy moving the tank to the rear locker because that probably would mean moving the filler cap as well as making a new cut out in the floor for the drain.
I also need to think about a table. I really like the idea of a removable and varying height pedestal with a folding table I've seen on a marine supplier's site but still not sure.
WP_20160322_001s.jpg
WP_20160322_003s.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What a difference,,,makes such a usable lounge now,,,,BUSBY...

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
nice job, if you knicked the materail of off the side panels would you have enough to make a infill cushion, you could recover the pannal in a contrast coulor or maybe match the main blue up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Looking good.
We did very similar with our last van ( CI Riviera 181).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back