A new App to download that looks good. (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Yes we found it a couple of days ago. Will have a look at it a bit more - it looked good. We found the mobile website but is there also an App?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thanks @rosalan was aware of the site, and am sure it will open up new horizons is the app up and running. Mind you my phone may not be compatible, it isn't for one of my bank account apps or the world around me. They however are more easy to live without.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Not sure about all the previous banter but as I see it, there is no app, but the website is optimised for mobile use.

What is interesting though, is there are a lot of places that I have not seen before on other sites/databases

Keep up the good work

Andrew

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
searchforsites on your Mobile

This version is optimised for mobile devices and tablets

It has been tested on an iPhone/iPad running iOS8 and a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2

So they're not bothered about making sure it works on up to date versions then :D. I'm not sure where iOS is these days, but that version of Android is 5 years old and no longer supported. Not that it should make a significant difference for a mobile web page, but calling it an app is overstating the point. It's a website with a mobile optimised version.

Screenshot_20170607-075642.png Screenshot_20170607-075602.png Screenshot_20170607-074633.png
However, that aside, it looks like it's a good crowd sourced resource, and there are options to refine your search, including whether you want Motorhome stopover points of various types, or touring pitches of various types, or Tourist Attractions (although these seem a bit thin on the ground), with a key to facilities (although somewhat bizarrely, on mobile you can only see the key to the symbols once you open a particular site - scroll down to the bottom).
Screenshot_20170607-074911.png Screenshot_20170607-074919.png

Definitely worth a home screen bookmark on your phone.
It looks very different on desktop
Screenshot 2017-06-07 at 8.06.32 AM.png

Registration is free and gives some extra features:

Benefits of registration
By registering with searchforsites.co.uk, you will be able to add new photos and reviews.

Once registered and logged in, you will also be able to view additional sites such as France Passion which are not viewable to non members

Other features will be added soon such as...
  • Receive notifications of new sites and features
  • Add new sites (this is already possible)
  • Edit existing sites
  • Build a catalogue of your favourite sites (this is already possible)
  • and more..
As at least two of the "soon" member features listed above are already possible, I guess the list of the coming features never got updated when they got added, and the rest may already be available too. I haven't checked.

SearchForSite registered.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Come on where are all you whingers now, ? Tell us why we shouldn't use it(y)

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Come on where are all you whingers now, ? Tell us why we shouldn't use it(y)
Never mind just using it - contribute to the data!

Points (for contributions) mean prizes - in the form of downloadable POIs for SatNav. Not to mention the warm feeling of a job well done :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
If you download the full app Spain is there, along with many other places!
984 of them, to be exact. (You can only get the high level information from the desktop, as the app is restricted to a 50km radius of your search term - which equates to Madrid for "Spain", and there are only 2 tent sites within that radius.)
Screenshot 2017-06-08 at 8.41.25 AM.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back