A Motorhome tracker you'd be stupid not to fit. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Put us on the interested list please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I’m interested thanks

Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I think the price is in the range of TBC, Jim is, I believe, still in the prototype/testing phase of development.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
20190216_124716.jpg
Just made a timer circuit for mine that shuts it down 9 minutes after the ignition goes off. (the last reported position remains on the app map)
This will stop it flattening the battery when parked up for long periods, stop data use and also stop any tracker detectors from finding it. Diagram available if anyone wants to copy it

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are not far off now. We have been toying with an app but gone off the idea it will involve too much support and constant updates, as well as being costly.

So we are going back to basics...Essentially we are looking at two units, two worldwide sims. Once we set it up (before it's posted to you) you will be emailed a unique URL which points to a map. both units will report to the same map.

One unit has 2 wires one red one black, this just sticks to your engine battery or nearby and you connect direct to the battery. This transmits every minute or so so you can see tracks on the map and precisely where it is. This will likely be found and removed if your van is stolen

The second unit has a battery life of 3-5 years and is hidden where it will not be found. This one reports for just two seconds a day so is unlikely to be found. In the event of a theft we can increase the recording intervals to track it.

We're not sure yet on prices, or if it will be one off purchase or a small subscription. But if you budget for around £200 we wont be far away, hopefully lower.

Jules132

Free Member
Nov 14, 2018
Chessington, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 196
Exp
Since August 2017
We are not far off now. We have been toying with an app but gone off the idea it will involve too much support and constant updates, as well as being costly.

So we are going back to basics...Essentially we are looking at two units, two worldwide sims. Once we set it up (before it's posted to you) you will be emailed a unique URL which points to a map. both units will report to the same map.

One unit has 2 wires one red one black, this just sticks to your engine battery or nearby and you connect direct to the battery. This transmits every minute or so so you can see tracks on the map and precisely where it is. This will likely be found and removed if your van is stolen

The second unit has a battery life of 3-5 years and is hidden where it will not be found. This one reports for just two seconds a day so is unlikely to be found. In the event of a theft we can increase the recording intervals to track it.

We're not sure yet on prices, or if it will be one off purchase or a small subscription. But if you budget for around £200 we wont be far away, hopefully lower.
Thank you for the update am still very keen to get one. Julie

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
[QUOTE="Jim, post: 3214877,

We're not sure yet on prices, or if it will be one off purchase or a small subscription. But if you budget for around £200 we wont be far away, hopefully lower.[/QUOTE]
Not quite the £25.00 I was expecting. Over priced and well over completion date. I am of the view you have made a pigs ear out of this Jim. I'm no longer interested thank you

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
you have made a pigs ear out of this Jim
It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people are to trash the efforts of others, before seeing the results of their labours. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I find your comment offensive, rude and contemptible. Jim deserves praise and encouragement for trying to address a gap in the market, not a snide negative comment.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people are to trash the efforts of others, before seeing the results of their labours. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I find your comment offensive, rude and contemptible. Jim deserves praise and encouragement for trying to address a gap in the market, not a snide negative comment.
Wotever!

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I am interested Jim.
The most interesting feature of whatever you come up with is that its not the same as anything commercially available. Which reduces the risk of discovery I hope

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I’m getting a new van in late April. Is there a possibility that this tracker will be available by then as I don’t want to commit to a tracker and then find this is better!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
[QUOTE="Jim, post: 3214877,

Not quite the £25.00 I was expecting. Over priced and well over completion date. I am of the view you have made a pigs ear out of this Jim. I'm no longer interested thank you[/QUOTE]

Why on earth did you expect to pay only £25:00 when @Jim had already laughed at that price and already stated it would above £125:00?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back