A Month today until we FT (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
Your adventure sounds fantastic, enjoy! ?
I'm going to be starting my own soon. Have to wait for funds to get the new Bailey (should be next 2 weeks) (get Strikeback/Growler, gaslow etc fitted) then I'll be off! Few trips in UK first then to France & Spain in May.
?? ?? ?? Can't wait.?

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
? was looking at Portugal but will be meeting up with family in Southern Spain. Could travel back through there though. ? ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
The time has flown by and we have 24hrs left, leaving parties all done and the vans packed.
Final goodbyes tomorrow morning and the adventures begin.
So excited ?
bon-voyage-banner.jpg
Hope you keep in touch. We love to travel vicariously with fellow motorhomers.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Good luck on your travels! We leave in just over 3 weeks ourselves. Eeek!

I did notice you’re leaving Northern Ireland on the 16th of July. Just a heads up that there will be certain parts of NI you’ll want to avoid over “the Twelfth weekend”. The place goes into shutdown for the huge Orange Order parades on the 12th of July, which are preceded by the bonfires on the 11th night. Very colourful indeed!

Ping me a pm if you want any more info.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Been slightly held up with our move over a second survey being done and the information pack on the flat that belongs to the people buying our property. Rockets have been sent to bums and now looks like things might be happening. Estate agent said we could be signing contracts by the end of next week...well, we'll see what happens. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Ironside

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Well after a week of rain around Normandy and Le Mans we headed down to St.cyprien and found the sunshine.
I think we will head around Spain and maybe Portugal before going back into France when the rain disappears in a few months.
Both Loving being in the van still feels very surreal at the moment.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
We’re due to move out 27th of March and will be in the van until we can get plans submitted for our next project and then put a static on site, wish we were proper FT but we still have work unfortunately, this project was to good an opportunity to miss.
Why oh why though do purchasers try and turn the thumbscrews right near completion, our buyers decided to try and knock £1000 off our price after we said we may take the bedroom curtains worth £150? told them that if he wants to argue the toss over a set of curtains on a house sale in excess of £500,000 then he obviously doesn’t really want the house and I have another couple in the wings waiting for it to fall through, we’re in no hurry so what’s it to be? Just because he owns property’s he thinks he’s billy big balls, now bearing in mind we’re a small village he isn’t making a great start and has turned a perfectly healthy sale and tarnished it.
Nowt queer as folk when money’s involved

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
We’re due to move out 27th of March and will be in the van until we can get plans submitted for our next project and then put a static on site, wish we were proper FT but we still have work unfortunately, this project was to good an opportunity to miss.
Why oh why though do purchasers try and turn the thumbscrews right near completion, our buyers decided to try and knock £1000 off our price after we said we may take the bedroom curtains worth £150? told them that if he wants to argue the toss over a set of curtains on a house sale in excess of £500,000 then he obviously doesn’t really want the house and I have another couple in the wings waiting for it to fall through, we’re in no hurry so what’s it to be? Just because he owns property’s he thinks he’s billy big balls, now bearing in mind we’re a small village he isn’t making a great start and has turned a perfectly healthy sale and tarnished it.

27th March is also the date that we are penciled in as going. I won't hold my breath though as our buyers solicitors are dragging their heels big time over whatever BS reasons that they give. We were made an offer on our property five months ago yesterday, and still we don't have completion, even though there are just two properties involved. I just find it incomprehensible and a complete shambles at best.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I think they have created a cottage industry out of it, the more e mails, phone calls, letters etc they can fit in as longer drawn out period = cash

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990

Your last sentence says it all. On a sale of £500,000, why fuss about a set of bedroom curtains worth £150 presumably when new?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Our solicitor has informed us that the 27th is still on the cards to sign and move out, could be interesting as the storage guy has gone very quiet, so may be sat with a van full of furniture and no where to go?

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Us too. The 27th that is. Had a call at 6pm yesterday to confirm this. I am still not holding my breath though after all the doodling and dawdling the solicitors have managed to do so far. We will move out slowly using all of next week to do so. Good luck.

OP
OP
Ironside

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Day 10 of Isolation here at Night4campingcar sainte Marie Plage can’t fault the owner he comes around every day to check people are ok and handing out printed attestation letters.
Everyone seems relaxed and just getting on with it, the shop is 200m away and has most stuff and the bread man comes 7 days a week.

we don’t have any plans to move currently, we are safe for the time being.

keep safe funsters?

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Day 10 of Isolation here at Night4campingcar sainte Marie Plage can’t fault the owner he comes around every day to check people are ok and handing out printed attestation letters.
Everyone seems relaxed and just getting on with it, the shop is 200m away and has most stuff and the bread man comes 7 days a week.

we don’t have any plans to move currently, we are safe for the time being.

keep safe funsters?
Good to hear you are safe and well

OP
OP
Ironside

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Day 59 at Camping4night st.Marie lots of people have moved on and a dozen new vans have arrived, we have been given a week complimentary stay with electric so have decided to use it now and look around this area more thoroughly.
Most shops are now back open, restaurants are doing takeaways.
Went to Decathlon for some new trainers and Aldi for our weekly shop yesterday, masks are a must and hand sanitiser?
We also filled with LPG and since we left on the 5th of March have used a total of 22 litres.
Weather goes from heavy rain that comes back up to 32’ in an instant.
We will make a decision on the 1st as to our next plan.
Stay safe guys and girls

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Well, that wasn't what you were expecting when you planned your adventure, was it? We hope that future plans match up to your expectations.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Well, we're still in our house. Damn those incompetent solicitors, they couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. Many dates given and passed us by because of them not doing their job properly. The last date we were given was a few days after lockdown. You just couldn't make it up. We had the offer on our house last September. The whole thing was and still is an absolute shambles and still on hold. ????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back