A message from Safeguard insurance. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just received an email from safeguard regarding motorhome maintenance.

one paragraph reads....

Check your electricals and gas regularly
Not only will checking your gas and electricals help keep your motorhome in good nick, it could, in the most extreme of circumstances, save a life too. So have your electricals checked by a qualified electrician around three times a year. Checking for gas leaks is also important and should be done by a qualified engineer at least once a year.

are they 'aving a larf ?

while motorhome electrics will face a lot more punishment than a domestic set-up due to constant movement and vibration etc, a domestic electric system requires a proper inspection & test just once every 15 YEARS.

3 times a year is taking the pi$$ :Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
a " get them out " clause if you have an electrical fire???? or am i just being a cynical od bugger:Doh:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a " get them out " clause if you have an electrical fire???? or am i just being a cynical od bugger:Doh:
bit of both maybe :thumb:

problem is there is no legal requirement to have ANY checks done on a motorhome....you do it for peace of mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it isn't in the terms and conditions of your insurance policy then they can't decline to pay out if you need to claim and haven't had the checks they've suggested ... they are only someone's recommendations and it doesn't say WHO that person is, it could be the tea-boy for all we know! :whatthe:

PS: I'm not saying that you shouldn't check your motorhome's gas and electric, but IMV it is up to the individual owner to decide what is and isn't done not a 'faceless' writer on an email! :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back