Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/honda-50cc-minibike/88877631

I did consider it for a few minutes, weighs about 50kg so may even go on a bike rack.

I'm supposed to be getting fit though and I already have a car, motorbike and motorhome to insure, tax and mot each year. What a con to have to pay road tax for all three when i can only ride/drive/sleep in one at at time. Bloody government (cue much gnashing of teeth)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What a cracking looking bit of kit ! Shame it is Lancashire or I think it would be in my stable tonight !!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. i have been using a 90cc dax for ten years as a camper bike . bought it new .its chinese but works fine .carries two easily .even me and a mate together thats nearly 38 stone. he bought one two years ago as they are light ,handlebars fold down. . make of his is lifan ,mines a jing chen. dont be put off by the china bit. i have really given minea hard life ,great little tool.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow. It doesn't say how high it is does it? Have I missed it.

Would you have to insure and road tax it with it having a 50cc enging or would it be classed as an ordinary bike. Sorry for the daft questions but this is something I would be interested in at the moment.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Joy

Yes you would have to insure, tax and MOT it to use in the UK as it is a moped. It is very similar to the Honda Express that pretty much started off the change to the new style of moped - do you remember Twiggy riding one?

I believe they are popular in Spain and the like as they don't have to be insured etc there. As it is so light compared to other 50cc type mopeds, you could easily make a ramp to get it in and out of your motorhome main habitation area so negating the need for a rear mounted motorcycle rack or garage to store it in.

As for the height of it, I think it would suite you perfectly ... as you're similar to Twiggy! ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi ,the dax is lower in height than the moped bikes . my sons had honda camino,s here and the dax style with the bars down is very low. you can get 50cc versions and yes mot 25 quid tax 16a year. insurance hardly worth worrying about. .abroad you can almost drive them into a shop. ideal for that snooping around strange towns etc. the dax weighs about 80kg. purple bob and me are considering doing route 66 on dax /monkey bikes . lifan america are up for it.
if you treat them with a little care and dont thrash them you will be fixed up for transport for life. we take ours up mountains ,across deserts and even through a few rivers and ocasionally a sea wash.
life is for having fun ,enjoy it.
i also have aframes etc here but find a small m,bike in the back is much easier. and fun.
cheers alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back