DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We shopped last week at an obscure supermarket in Sicily, the fruit and vegetables on offer were close to, if not beyond, their "best before date". Then a little while later we found a Lidl supermarket. What a contrast - good quality stuff (mostly) and not expensive.

The satnav can search for "grocery stores" but most of them just come up as "Alimentari" around here, which is likely to be just a corner shop.

So it occurred to me there must be a map of Lidl stores - and it turns out there is, though I found it in a curious place.

The "frightening" bit in the title is just how many there are in Europe, though curiously they are not in Norway.

LRM_EXPORT_20170919_131452.jpg

And in Sicily:

LRM_EXPORT_20170919_131456.jpg

So all we need to do now is drive close to a red dot, search on the satnav and hopefully find the store listed amongst all the Alimentari. :)

The map can be found at:

Broken Link Removed

Other shops are available - and are listed here: :)

Broken Link Removed

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We're big Lidl fans, especially when travelling.

And we've often remarked, "wonder if there's a map of store locations somewhere?" And now we've got the answer - thanks DBK! (y)

It is astonishing how many there are...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hmm, as it admits at the top of the website, a few years out of date. Neither of our local Lidl or Aldi listed and our Somerfield store is long gone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I'm pretty sure our Chinese SatNav lists all the Lidl stores as it lists supermarkets by brand name if required.

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Amazing but not surprising as the products they sell are excellent and 3 year warranties on electrical goods only a fool would not shop with them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The IGO sat nav on our Clarion Stereo has Lidl & Aldi POI's.
If you want uptodate POI info use the Lidl & Aldi apps.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I just type lidl into Google maps and they all pop up on the map around us.. Actually I don't have to type Lidl, just L and Lidl is suggested :D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Got both Aldi and Lidl poi's on our Garmin 760 along with a few other UK supermarkets chains.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Amazing but not surprising as the products they sell are excellent and 3 year warranties on electrical goods only a fool would not shop with them.

The 3 year warranty is generally with the manufacturer and I have used it!!! A phone call and conversation with a lady in Germany who spoke excellent English, and they sent by email a prepaid label and a UK phone number for a courier to pick up the broken item (a garden strimmer). We included a photocopy of the receipt and the instruction book that stated there was a 3 year guarantee when we returned the item. Within a week a brand new strimmer was delivered.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Best thing we have found in Lidl amongst all the crap are the freshly made muffins!! Absolutely delish, both the choccy and blueberry ones.
Cheers, Dave(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
For those going abroad, there is a new Lidl being finished at Dover, off the A2 at the Sandwich roundabout and 100 yards down the road to the right. Not far from Tescos but a lot easier to get to, but no fuel there but as you are going to France it is cheaper there anyway.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the lidl poi file is readily available for all sat nav systems but you need to update it often as they keep building more

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How is it that Lidl can make it work all over Europe yet our ' big five can't or Carrefour or intermarche , big in their own countries and others too.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
They tried in Norway but failed to impress the cautious Norwegians and so closed the few stores they had there.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Staff always at a minimum with checkout queues. Hard core range of products without every brand under the sun. Lesser known brands mean cheaper bulk buying and lower selling prices. Popular weekly value bargains non food related get people going back. Pile them high and sell them cheap!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We visited the new Lidl at Portmadoc . Was very impressed they seem to be ploughing their money back into their buildings and layouts

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
It's a Lidl to much to ask for TomTom to show it. Lidl do they know how many there are..............;)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We shopped last week at an obscure supermarket in Sicily, the fruit and vegetables on offer were close to, if not beyond, their "best before date". Then a little while later we found a Lidl supermarket. What a contrast - good quality stuff (mostly) and not expensive.

The satnav can search for "grocery stores" but most of them just come up as "Alimentari" around here, which is likely to be just a corner shop.

So it occurred to me there must be a map of Lidl stores - and it turns out there is, though I found it in a curious place.

The "frightening" bit in the title is just how many there are in Europe, though curiously they are not in Norway.

View attachment 186932

And in Sicily:

View attachment 186931

So all we need to do now is drive close to a red dot, search on the satnav and hopefully find the store listed amongst all the Alimentari. :)

The map can be found at:

Broken Link Removed

Other shops are available - and are listed here: :)

Broken Link Removed
When I was in Norway we were told Lidl was 'to cheap' and would undercut the local supermarket's.......I mean £7 for a red pepper must be good for profits!!!

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
The 3 year warranty is generally with the manufacturer and I have used it!!! A phone call and conversation with a lady in Germany who spoke excellent English, and they sent by email a prepaid label and a UK phone number for a courier to pick up the broken item (a garden strimmer). We included a photocopy of the receipt and the instruction book that stated there was a 3 year guarantee when we returned the item. Within a week a brand new strimmer was delivered.
Had a steam station (iron) go faulty but could not find the receipt. Downloaded a copy of bank statement, luckily had only bought the one item, and they refunded me. Great service.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Had a steam station (iron) go faulty but could not find the receipt. Downloaded a copy of bank statement, luckily had only bought the one item, and they refunded me. Great service.

We didn't want a refund but a repair or replacement - we could have had the refund at our local Lidl no quibbles. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back