A Hello from Staffordshire (1 Viewer)

Ceebee58

Free Member
Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
Looking for older A class
Now I may be banned but.. I dont have a motorhome. Really thinking about changing from caravanning though as we want to tour more. Anyway hello from Cannock , Staffs.
Is there anyone here who could tell me if buying a 2002 Niesman and Bischoff Arto is a good or bad idea ? The idea is to buy it , overhaul the upholstery , give it a thorough service mechanically and habitation wise and use it until it or us die. Any comments ?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the forum, your plan sounds a good one to me.
Lots of useful info and help on here.
Worth paying the subscription fee or you'll only have a few free posts, best £15 you'll ever spend on motorhome.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hello, you can still join if you are a tugger, N&B good stuff but get a damp check before buying. You sound quite able to do the rest.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome! Sounds like a good plan to me.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hello, you can still join if you are a tugger, N&B good stuff but get a damp check before buying. You sound quite able to do the rest.
I would be careful who you get to do the damp check as I heard of one that came back at 100% damp and the buyer walked away, if it's a two pronged damp meter it measures continuity in whatever it is poked into and the more moisture the higher the continuity so the higher the damp reading, aluminium is also a good conductor(y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Now I may be banned but.. I dont have a motorhome. Really thinking about changing from caravanning though as we want to tour more. Anyway hello from Cannock , Staffs.
Is there anyone here who could tell me if buying a 2002 Niesman and Bischoff Arto is a good or bad idea ? The idea is to buy it , overhaul the upholstery , give it a thorough service mechanically and habitation wise and use it until it or us die. Any comments ?
Nothing wrong with a caravan;) you can even come to Fun rallies with it, well certainly Warners outdoor shows and you could come to the Shrewsbury vintage show(y)

N+B Arto's are good solid vans, get it checked over by somebody that knows and then a bit of basic looking after and it will last a lifetime.

Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome fellow Cannock camper.
Some great advise already, if you subscribe as a full member you can certainly join us on rally's and meets. We have family members who have a caravan BUT slowly being converted to considering a motorhome.
Don't know much about N&B except they do have a good reputation for a solid build.
Lots of advise and information on here so plenty of help.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi and :welco:some really good advice already,like your plan to.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I like N&B but hate Fiat. A Flair would be better, but more expensive.
Good luck with your project.

Shade

Free Member
Apr 23, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, Welcome from one South Staffs caravanner to another, we joined last year and are having great times with Motorhome fun, we have been made to feel very welcome. Look forward to seeing you.

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
Hi from another new guy here. I'm in Stafford.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back