A Grand Opening Meet with Date Poll (1 Viewer)

Dates available

• 8th & 9th September

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th & 7th October

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi has the venue been confirmed yet?

ray:Confused:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi guys
Where are we at then? Are we decided on the last weekend in September? I would suggest that we go to the site Mark (QE2) suggested http://www.bosworthwatertrust.co.uk/cms/index.asp?area=Camping , we have been there some time ago when we first got Rocky and it is a nice site (macerators required for RVs though :roflmto:), the pitches are pretty big (from my failing memory...), access is good once you have negotiated the entrance gate with care ::bigsmile: and it was kept in good order.
It is also very central for the majority with good motorway access routes, so should be good for most of us.
If this is the proposed venue and date, shall we go ahead and contact the site to make provisional enquiries? We need to move quite quickly as it is not that long and we have our holiday coming up.
Please all let us know what you want to do ::bigsmile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds great to me Keith, go ahead and get it booked mate. I'm sure you know what to do:roflmto:

I suggest that the best thing to do with regard to keeping a track on numbers is to enter the date on the calendar, and then make a list of who is going in the calendar note.. Put me down.. Cheers mate

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sounds good to me too
Where is it???????????????????
their site gives no info on location, not that it matters, I go where TOM TOM takes me anyway:whatthe:
Geo
PS Morning all:wub:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Contacting Bosworth Water Trust

E-mail info@bosworthwatertrust.co.uk

Phone 01455 291876
Fax 01455 291876

Post Bosworth Water Trust
Far Coton Lane
Wellsborough Road
Nr Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV13 6PD

Sharon

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks boys and girls,Yup I can do that one me thinks, put it in the calander:eek:
Geo

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi All

Keith and I have now booked for Bosworth for the 28 - 30 Sept and paid a £10 deposit over the phone. 2 adults, 1 child is £17 a night here.
They only have two other bookings at the moment, so if you plan to come please mention you are with us so they can place us all together.

As QE2 said, it is a great site.

Sharon

PS will now put meet on the calendar. I will add your names to calendar if you are coming. Ta.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
we are booked and paid for

looking forward to it Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed Link Removed

i did say we were with a bunch of others with motorhomes, the lady could not do anything without surnames!!! Link Removed

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
:winky: If anyone wants to know our surname please pm me or kands. Or pm someone else on the list to get their surname....

BTW, as there are only two other pitches booked apart from ours, shouldn't be a really tough job for them - one would have thought!

Sharon

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
:winky: If anyone wants to know our surname please pm me or kands. Or pm someone else on the list to get their surname....

BTW, as there are only two other pitches booked apart from ours, shouldn't be a really tough job for them - one would have thought!

Sharon

mp sent

Link Removed

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
ok spoke with the chap there this time.......we are on pitch 26, i said there would be at least 10 of us possibly upto 20, american motorhome group, i did mention motorhomefun could be used as a name for the group

would that work?

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
ok spoke with the chap there this time.......we are on pitch 26, i said there would be at least 10 of us possibly upto 20, american motorhome group, i did mention motorhomefun could be used as a name for the group

would that work?

Hi Hugh

The problem with using a group name is that any site then thinks of it as a rally - and this can present problems insurance wise if there is a problem. I always explain when booking with a site that there will be a few of us booking in under our own names and always request that we are pitched near each other if at all possible.

Sharon

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Rockie

is it us as in motorhomefun or us as in you and Keith :Confused:

Hi Tony

I must have my 'stupid' hat on this afternoon because I don' understand your question. Sorry!
If it is related to Hugh's question regarding what name to book under, please use your own. Also keep in mind that we as a group on the attendees list are the ONLY ones booked at this site (a\t the moment) apart from two other vans - so grouping shoudn't be difficult.
If I have misunderstood, can you ask again please.....

Sharon

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
i did give the chap the surname of KandS however he seemed bemused and not quite on the ball, i then went on to say that there will be quite a group of us, and we would like to be reasonably together, probably somewhere around 10 or possibly 20 motorhomes, some being quite large, he said about putting us in the large central bit as he indicated the plot where kands are may not be ideal for a group, not sure what that means

i think it would be helpful if we established a booking name to use which is either a surname or a name like motorhomefun group, so they knew to keep us more together

the folks seemed to be quite flustered and busy when i spoke with em

hope that clarifies things

cheers

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
If it,s any help i can go over there and try to sort out pitches together and explain there will be several RV,s attending. Would be able to do this after 12th August when back from France.
Also when you first enter the site it costs £3.00 to raise the barrier (non refundable) .......so have some change ready or park up and walk to reception pay for your pitch and get a barrier key £10.00 (refundable).

Anyone up for a spot of fishing there :eek::eek:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Hugh

I have just spoken to the site (again) and they have told me the following:

Keith and I are now on pitch 21.... :roflmto::roflmto: they have moved us from the other end of the site - I know, I don't understand either.....

Apparently there are 11 pitches booked under our name - as there are not 11 names on the calendar, I am somewhat confused here.....

No one apart from us has paid the tenner deposit which is required to hold the pitch

Hope this clarifies things - any more questions, please ask.

Sharon

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Hi Hugh

I have just spoken to the site (again) and they have told me the following:

Keith and I are now on pitch 21.... :roflmto::roflmto: they have moved us from the other end of the site - I know, I don't understand either.....

Apparently there are 11 pitches booked under our name - as there are not 11 names on the calendar, I am somewhat confused here.....

No one apart from us has paid the tenner deposit which is required to hold the pitch

Hope this clarifies things - any more questions, please ask.

Sharon

hi ya,

when i said a few of us were turning up, he asked how many, so i indicated around 10 but maybe upto 20 nearer the time......he just wanted some ball park numbers for reference. i took 10 from the poll at the top of this thread that 10 folks have said that date looks best.

hopefully we will have a good turnout otherwise it could be a bit lonely!!

Link Removed

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
hi ya,

when i said a few of us were turning up, he asked how many, so i indicated around 10 but maybe upto 20 nearer the time......he just wanted some ball park numbers for reference. i took 10 from the poll at the top of this thread that 10 folks have said that date looks best.

hopefully we will have a good turnout otherwise it could be a bit lonely!!

Link Removed

Hi Hugh

Have you booked more than one pitch? ie have you made a block booking?
Keith and I are not placed with the '10' because there isn't room in the block for us. Also, please book in your own surnames, using ours as a reference only if you need to.

Sharon

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Hi Hugh

Have you booked more than one pitch? ie have you made a block booking?
Keith and I are not placed with the '10' because there isn't room in the block for us. Also, please book in your own surnames, using ours as a reference only if you need to.

Sharon

yep booked in our own surname only. i did not do a block booking, i just said to him expect around 10 or more in the group

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We will ring in the morning and book our place.

Will someone please tell me whose name I should book it in apart from my own, as I want to ensure that we are parked next to everyone else attending the Grand Opening! ::bigsmile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We will ring in the morning and book our place.

Will someone please tell me whose name I should book it in apart from my own, as I want to ensure that we are parked next to everyone else attending the Grand Opening! ::bigsmile:

Hi Suzy

HJ is on pitch 26, we are on pitch 21 - I think knowing pitch numbers might be easier for the site, as they seem to be very confused. We have organised dozens of meets, and never have we experienced such confusion when the site was virtually empty when we booked!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
It will be alright on the day.....

Sharon

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
So we all book separately?

Yes John - All meets are always booked individually, just as if you were booking a pitch anywhere.

It is rallies where there is a field for £XXX and you divide cost of field amongst number of vans, peg it out etc etc.

Sharon

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi playing catch up :wub: its....... bosworth then !!!!

ill, book tomorrow :Smile:

ray

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Looking forward to seeing you again Ray ::bigsmile:
Let us know when you are booked and confirmed mate please......

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back