A good news story, a break from the doom and gloom! (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
For anyone who reads my post, you will know that we have been without our van for the last few weeks. A quick recap, for those who don't know, our gearbox failed on 3rd gear synchromesh. I nursed the van around our recent holiday around Europe, being gentle with the gears, but the old girl was getting pretty close to undriveable. Anyone who viewed my video in the "where has your sat nav taken you" thread, here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/where-has-your-satnav-sent-you.114847/#post-1531170
Will spot that I am double clutching on all the down shifts!
Well, on Monday, me and Rosie the motorhome were reunited, she now sports a reconditioned gearbox, brand new discs in all corners with new pads to match. While she was in the guys in the workshop gave her a habitation check.
I've left it a little while because I wanted to give her a full test, but she is driving like a brand new van now, smooth gear changes, the handbrake actually holds on hills now.
So have to say, credit where it is due, time to name my dealer, the work was carried out by Abacus at their workshop in Ferndown, superb service, couldn't be happier.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After being van less for a while...Oo that nice feeling when you get a van back. Enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back