A Friend of ours on Spanish TV ! (TV3 News) (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes Janie has been in Quick Save a few times and know Kim is very helpful, but to be honest there's very few things we buy that you can't get in Spanish supermarkets or Puga where the cost is a lot less, she went in Overseas the other day to get Custard 😉 and got my favourite McCains oven chips 😲 €4.50, over twice the price we pay under €2.00 🤔 Yes a nice chip but not at that price. 😁
Some can't live without a Sunday roast, and want to live like they are in England but with cheap booze and sunshine. :rofl: Bob.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
The only things we go to overseas for are:

Bacon
Double Cream.

I can live without the bacon and the Cream is for liquor coffees and ice cream.

But when we are in Any of these shops. Mrs. ET Wants cravendale 🥛 milk. Because it makes better tea. Or Waitrose this or bloody Lurpak. End up with €70 in a trolley.

I see a lot of Bisto flies off the shelf.

I just make gravy with all the juices, fats, flour and wine/beer. Can’t stand Bisto.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I'm not good with dairy although I could live on cheese it's not good for me, I have eaten tonnes of bacon, but stopped eating it years ago, Janie is vegetarian and doesn't eat bread, I'm the one that likes custard from Overseas, but we prefer lidl ice cream. 😁
Janie hasn't had alcohol for 10 years, me red and white wine mercadona or consum, beer mercadona or puga, gin and tonic 😉 no lemon mercadona, coffee lidl and Janie likes tea flavours ginger lemon orange and licorice mercadona normally, so Yes we don't need English supermarkets 😉 or unlike our neighbour English bars and restaurants. :rofl: 😁 Bob.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I'm not good with dairy although I could live on cheese it's not good for me, I have eaten tonnes of bacon, but stopped eating it years ago, Janie is vegetarian and doesn't eat bread, I'm the one that likes custard from Overseas, but we prefer lidl ice cream. 😁
Janie hasn't had alcohol for 10 years, me red and white wine mercadona or consum, beer mercadona or puga, gin and tonic 😉 no lemon mercadona, coffee lidl and Janie likes tea flavours ginger lemon orange and licorice mercadona normally, so Yes we don't need English supermarkets 😉 or unlike our neighbour English bars and restaurants. :rofl: 😁 Bob.
We will probably have quite a crop of lemons 🍋 to donate when we return !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back