Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Hi We had a a frame fitted to our Smart about 3 1/2 years ago by Chris Cox, no problem with it and it has been useful. Last week engine management light and abs came on, so took into Mercades where we normally go eventually they diagnosed that the break cable on the A frame had siezed apparently it has a sleeve and with wet and cold the inner cable had siezed. Was making the break lights come on when we went over bumps etc. They freed it off as much as possible - no charge - bless them. We have been trying to contact Chris cox, without success, land line not in operation, no web site. Left message on mobile and e mail with no response, I remember reading that someone else was trying to contact him, and wonder if he has just stopped trading or ill etc. We need the cable replacing apparently an easy job, but would have preferred to go back to him. Not able to do myself. Has any one else had this problem ? Has any one else been in contact with him recently?
Peter

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes I posted the same question, seems to have disappeared,as you say no phone or e-mail , I also noticed the usual add in MMM was not in this month.
Perhaps you should contact other A Frame manufactures, sure the cable is a standard bit of kit :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
probably only bowden cable surely . thats what i use when adapting old style to sliding hitch .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back