Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Barry They are totally legal everywhere
What we have to do is boycott Spain, till they, excuse the pun Tow the Line
It is after all the Uk and other EU tourist that have made and continue to pay for Spain
Vive La A Frame, Oh thats France init:Doh:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Barry They are totally legal everywhere
What we have to do is boycott Spain, till they, excuse the pun Tow the Line
It is after all the Uk and other EU tourist that have made and continue to pay for Spain
Vive La A Frame, Oh thats France init:Doh:

I wonder if "till they, excuse the pun Tow the Line" it will happen in our lifetime??:ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
There ya go again Muddy the water why dont ya:Doh:
Im not talking about Spains Laws im taliking about vehicle recognition ie what is deemed what and what its used for
and the agreement signed up to by Spain to recognise all member states vehicles for what they are recognised as in its home state, this is to prevent stupid laws that might say for

Example

Spain can not pass a law saying all vehicles must be L/H Drive R/H Drive has to be excepted

Spain can not pass a law that all trailers must have 4 wheels two wheels have to be excepted

Spain can not pass a law that says what is and is not a trailer in the UK
Only the UK can do that, and Spain signed up to except that the use of a vehicle shall be excepted provide that use is legal in its home state--- end of
What has any of the above to do with Spanish Law:Doh:
I want to pull my legal UK recognised trailer in Spain

If your statements are correct explain why I don't need separate registration plates for my Bryan James trailer when Spain's Law says I do according to you:Doh:
Its a simple fact, Spain is applying its own recovery laws to prevent the legitimate use of my trailer, just because it dont look like a spanish trailer
They Cant Do That ----------------- simples

Geo even if Spain decided to fully recognise our vehicle laws it would make no difference, as there is no UK law that says when you stick a bit of steel on the front of a car it becomes a trailer. All you have is an opinion from the DVLA.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Don't the mods to the toad make that vehicle illegal or dangerous when used as a car ? - in any country

- could see even more probs if anything happened abroad

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think it will Bill
But it will be there fault and there doing alone
They think they have found a cash Cow in the Tourists, they will push through all kinds of legislation in order to impose fines to the point where Portugal and other such countries look a far better prospect, then we wont have to visit them to pay into the economic coffers we can just do it through our German EU leaders/Bankers direct in the form of bail outs

Far to many organisations think they know better and have power over us, I digress
My latest quest is with the Ferry companies, a Friend has a Ducato Motor Home, in every respect except for reasons of security and choice he has no side windows, even his log book states Motor Home but he has to pay commercial Van rates on the Ferry because they say its not a motorhome
Who put them in charge of Vehicle design and designation
In Fact I think Spain should fine all self builds after all there not real Motorhomes are they:hardhat:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo even if Spain decided to fully recognise our vehicle laws it would make no difference, as there is no UK law that says when you stick a bit of steel on the front of a car it becomes a trailer. All you have is an opinion from the DVLA.

Ian

Your having a Larf Ian, When DVLA say/comment that you need a HGV licence You applaud and comply with them, when they comment on A frames its only an opinion:Doh:
Besides
Your Motor should not even be allowed in Europe, ::bigsmile:never mind Spain as it has no european aproval certificates or equipment
And apart from that its a Winnie bagle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
G

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Your right Geo I did get a "C" no idea if I really needed it but the DVLA said in their opinion its an HGV, who am I to argue? ::bigsmile: DVLA say stick a bit of steel on the front of the car and its a trailer, sounds as daft as my RV being an HGV, no wonder Spain ignore the DVLA. :ROFLMAO:

Ian

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks

Thanks for you comments and I'm glad I started this thread. |
So NO A frames in Spain is the message!!!!!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This thread has lead to politics and the crazy costly gravy train that is the European Union which is probably responsible for the financial crash of all its members and the almighty mess we are in. :Eeek:
What is the point when individual nations want all the benefits of handouts at our expense but will not abide by the rules . :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back