A-Frame (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
We use an Aframe in the UK but when we ventured abroad we never took it as it was not worth the risk and especially Spain as it, up to Covid, was always safer and cheaper to hire a car if needed. We use ebikes and public transport where possible.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
assuming your post is not a wind-up. Neither the regulations you have raised have any relevance. Perhaps you could post the links to where you think it does?
No it isn't. Perhaps you could look yourself instead of calling me a liar andon a wind up. ? Try 2007 anti tuning directive.
A new vehicle has a CoC . The minute it is modified it becomes illegal. Even if not dotted immediately it should be failed on 1st mot.
CoC only required to register a new vehicle
As above.uk appears to be the only place that allows anyone to fit anything with no idea of what they might be doing.
hence why we register trucks new and THEN fit all sorts of bespoke stuff to them when they are 12 hours old
And this is why what is registered should be the only things allowed and noted on the v5.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Just to finish my contribution to this thread, there is NO UNCERTAINTY for me (post 41) as
  • I will never be going to Europe in my motorhome
  • Currently not illegal to tow an a frame in UK, but the day it becomes so, I will stop immediately and probably sell the motorhome ( and go tugging)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Try 2007 anti tuning directive
?? Sorry Gus i thought it must be a wind up, but you were actually being serious. I refer you to my earlier response though, could you provide a link to show how these apply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back