Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm getting mine fitted to Citroen Pluriel by Towtal in Stoke but there's also Chris Cox in Birmingham. My Fiat Seicento has a Chris Cox A-Frame and we've not had a problem with it in 5 years. It does look a little, errrm, agricultural on the front of the car. The Towtal system is a couple of eye-bolts and I think even they can be removed.

Regards
Doug

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Towing Frames

Hi,

just seen your request.

We too have a Chris Cox towing frame, yes it is basic, but it works well, plus the price is very competitive, especially if you talf cash.

I think his web site is chriscoxtowingframes.com......or....co.uk

He is based in Birmingham.

Hope this helps, good luck

nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi again

Have a look Link Removed. We had the work done at Towtal at Stoke and we were really pleased with them

stew

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have a Chris Cox frame.

Might go the towtal route when I get around to changing though.

Bigrog98

Free Member
Oct 24, 2007
Midlands
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
7yrs
"A" Frames & Towtal

I have a Chris Cox frame.

Might go the towtal route when I get around to changing though.

I have recently had a very bad experience with TOWTAL and although they did their best it was not quite enough, with three days before I left on holiday I had to call Chris Cox to help me out. What a Super Guy not only did he do the job that I wanted doing he also rewired my tow car and it only took an hour. The other company required the car for three days and then didn't do the job to my satisfaction.

I can not praise Chris too much for his help I will always be going to him in future. His Tel No 0121 681 6513
Mob. 07957 231872http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

BIGRog

texastaffy

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
A-frame

Hi, We've had 2 chris cox a-frames the 1st on a citroen pluriel, the 2nd on peugeot partner same as berlingo. Chris does an excellent job, professional, knowledgable & very helpfull. I haven't read any bad reports about him.

regards,

Eric

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Can I ask what the "very bad experience" with Towtal was?? I'm sure, given their popularity re A frames, that it would be helpful for others to know. I for one have our Smart booked in with them for an A frame in a few weeks time and found their previous service fitting our towbar excellent. I would also prefer a neat appearance to the front lugs on the Smart and I gather that the Chris Cox A frames are not quite as refined in their appearance on the Toad itself. (Some people have referred to them as "Agricultural" in appearance.)

Laurie

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Can I ask what the "very bad experience" with Towtal was?? I'm sure, given their popularity re A frames, that it would be helpful for others to know. I for one have our Smart booked in with them for an A frame in a few weeks time and found their previous service fitting our towbar excellent. I would also prefer a neat appearance to the front lugs on the Smart and I gather that the Chris Cox A frames are not quite as refined in their appearance on the Toad itself. (Some people have referred to them as "Agricultural" in appearance.)

Laurie

Hi Laurie,
I've got my Citroen booked in with Towtal later this month and I was a little worried about that comment as well. 'Twas me that described Chris' fitting on the car as being agricultural. We probably only tow the car for a couple of thousand miles a year. The rest of the time I want the car to look as standard as possible, for that I think Towtal is best.

Regards
Doug

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi, We've had 2 chris cox a-frames the 1st on a citroen pluriel, the 2nd on peugeot partner same as berlingo. Chris does an excellent job, professional, knowledgable & very helpfull. I haven't read any bad reports about him.

regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,
We're getting our Pluriel fitted with a Towtal A-frame later this month. Did Chris' conversion use a trailer board or was it wired into the car? Did the Pluriel work well as a toad?

Regards
Doug

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Laurie,
I've got my Citroen booked in with Towtal later this month and I was a little worried about that comment as well. 'Twas me that described Chris' fitting on the car as being agricultural. We probably only tow the car for a couple of thousand miles a year. The rest of the time I want the car to look as standard as possible, for that I think Towtal is best.

Regards
Doug

Hi Doug, my sentiments entirely - the Smart, like the Pluriel, is a nice looking little car and we only tow it behind the motorhome at best even less than you do, so are keen not to disfigure it too much!! I was concerned about the comment re Towtal as the post stated that Towtal "did their best" but had still somehow failed. I have always found them really helpful and knowledgeable and even if for some reason, they weren't able to do something, I wonder why it was a "bad experience". Hopefully, the poster of that message will return to tell us!! One of the reasons I bought a trailer in the first instance wasn't just legality in Europe, but also the disfigured looks of the Toad with A frame fittings.......

Laurie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back