A-Frame 'Complies with all Towing Legislation' (1 Viewer)

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Came across this website that claims:

The unique lightweight frame can be fitted in less than 5 minutes with out getting covered in grease and mud.

A balanced braking system (with no cables) complies with all towing legislation

The system fits neatly in the boot when not in use. The integrated parts on the vehicle are out of sight, no protruding bars etc

Tow Bars and Cars for Motorhomes by Tow Bars 2 Tow Cars

Looks interesting.

:Smile:
Keith

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi superk .it uses a similar brake system to a 5er .can be conected to brake lights or hydroliic to electic then pulls your brake pedal with the aid of a selanoid. (or linear actuator).dont help you reverse though . ha ha. off we go!cheers alan

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it will do the job but nothing can counteract the camber angle of the vehicle which is what prevents controlled reversing and hence the legallity of a frames.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No

Sounds as if they mean all towing legislation in countries that don't have any actual legislation.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looks interesting.
Keith

Considering what it has to do it looks light weight to me, drilling for big bolts through square tube must reduce it's strength further. But then I'm an electronics person, what do I know ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The unique lightweight frame can be fitted in less than 5 minutes with out getting covered in grease and mud.

thats very odd!!!!

i can fit my caratow frame in less than five mins and i dont get covered in grease and mud either.

Electronic braking is a bit of a grey area.

got to agree with Brian regarding the flimsy build and id prefer something a little larger than a couple of 3/8 pins holding it on the car.

cant see how it folds to fit in the boot......it has to be dismantled to do that which will take more than 5 mins to put together.

i'll stick to my heavy, ugly, solidly built caratow thanks.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
electric operated brakes are not really in a grey area. they are legal. there is several ways to make them operate. hydrolic to elec swiches or just electric operated. some switch back to hydrolic using switches in the brake lines .all abit fancy for the job they do .i used a non braked a frame for years doing breakdown work never thought or missed the brakes. i would if it was legal never have an aframe with brakes . mine is a very early intertrade frame with bumper pads nchains going to the chassis /wishbones. not too smart for modern cars. i thought the one in the photo loooked neat n tidy . in the states for vw,s they use an even lighter design with no probs . they were sold here for years nobody braked an aframe then. cheers alan

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User

The system fits neatly in the boot when not in use. The integrated parts on the vehicle are out of sight, no protruding bars etc

Tow Bars and Cars for Motorhomes by Tow Bars 2 Tow Cars

Looks interesting.

:Smile:
Keith

I think the claim is very specific...the claim is that the BRAKING system complies with towing regulations, not the WHOLE a-frame :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back