A few questions about insulation (1 Viewer)

Yomper

Free Member
Oct 4, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
HI all
Starting my first build on a winterised camper
First question does the floor of the camper need a vapour barrier? I've slept in a normal van before and only the roof n walls got condensation. So would that 25mmstuff in bnq called jabrite be good enough with some thermal wrap over that be adequate?
I have also bought a closed cell.spray foam.kit f or walls and roof but I can get some various rhickness bendy closed cell polyform for free.
Polyform is closed cell and very bendy and normally expensive. Would it be better to stick these to the flat parts and spray foam all the ribs and gaps aroimd.polyform and thermal wrap over it.

The van loom wire which runs in back of van I was going to leave freeish with just bare insulation maybe A thin layer of spray.foam behing it.

Can't do anything yet as I'm waiting on underfloor water tanks and roof vents.

I'm looking at underfloor gas tanks too any recommendations. Only want a smallish one as its only for the fridge

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
If you are installing underfloor water tanks on a 'winterised camper' you have already failed at the first hurdle.
What sort of cold climate performance are you expecting of your finished van?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Yomper

Yomper

Free Member
Oct 4, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Maybe the term winterised was wrong but year round use in UK. So hard to say what temp as it varies. I'm not bothered about water supply as underfloor tanks are only for washing up and showers and i do empty them when cold snaps happen...(I do wash honest)
My main concern is condensation

Thinking about it. As I don't need much fresh water I may get an internal one as 40 litres is plenty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back