A few dumb newbie questions..... (1 Viewer)

Paul J

Free Member
Feb 27, 2018
Funster No
Despite me owning a motorhome previously, I don't know (or have more likely forgotten) the answers to a few things, obvious to you experienced guys, hoping you can help :

These questions apply to the current range of Elddis Accordo vans

1, Is there a separate leisure battery ? (two batteries total)

2, Is the vehicle's (engine starting) battery charge maintained when the vehicle is hooked up at home ?

3, It's likely we'll use our vehicle a fair amount when not connected to an electric hook-up, I notice there are some affordable 12v tv's, are there any disadvantages to these, or they're as good as a conventional 240v ?

4, For anyone who has a recent Elddis 'special' which includes the solar panel, is this useful, does it work well ?

any replies would be most appreciated !

Many Thanks

Paul

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
wee Bold Davy..... they take 4 months to order ? is there a reason why it's that long ? I didn't realise that
Built to order
You can drop on ones that are pre built we've done this twice now
Gone to a dealer to buy and told them if the wheels aren't already on the tarmac then I'm not interested
Second mh majestic 155 picked up 3 weeks after order
Third mh will be collecting 4 weeks after we ordered

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
wee Bold Davy..... they take 4 months to order ? is there a reason why it's that long ? I didn't realise that
These are not the bog standard vans, they are built to a spec especially for the dealer. I've looked at various dealers versions of this vehicle and none came close on spec for the price. We could have gone elsewhere and virtually drove the van away that week, but we've spent so much time searching for the 'right' van we don't mind waiting 3 or 4 months more. Apart from that it's only an hour away if we need to take it back for any reason, it's the nearest Elddis dealership to us, so it was a no brainer!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi Paul welcome to fun. We've spent two years as members, knew less than nothing about motorhomes when we joined. Every one on here have been so helpful and friendly. We've looked at many MHs. Made our minds up what we were looking for 3 times, changed our mind 3 times, with the help of this forum, then finally .......... 4 weeks ago went up to Chester http://vehicles4leisure.co.uk/ and bought a new Elddis Accordo 105 Prestige from Vehicles 4 Leisure. Got so many extras with it, too many to list. Well worth a look. Got a large bathroom with a separate shower and a solar panel. It's 6 metres long which may be another consideration for you. We don't get our van til June....... can't wait!(y)
Where are the gas bottles on the new 105 accordo? They've made the washroom bigger from our model but lost 2 lockers on the rear n/s.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I've got more newbie questions if I may :
correct me on any of the following please :

In storing a motorhome in my driveway for a period of weeks, would I open the cupboard doors to allow air to circulate better, leave the EHU connected and add an electric bar heater in winter, and or a small electric dehumidifier or 'damp catcher' container ?

would you vent any windows when storing, or leave it all closed up assuming you're looking after the humidity in some way ?

do I start my fridge on electric overnight before I leave the following morning for holiday ? switching the fridge to 12v when the vehicle engine is running, and onto gas when parked without EHU ?

Is water from the fresh water tank ok to use for a few days, assuming you don't drink it without boiling. Is there usually a drain on the fresh water without it having to travel through to the waste water tank ?

(thinking back many years now)... once my toilet is primed with toilet fluid, and I think you add a small amount of water too ? can this be left unused for a period of a time, eg a few days.

Many Thanks
I would open the cupboard doors, leave the EHU on, not worry about the electric bar heater but (and i presume you can do this) set the heating to come on at 10 degrees which will run off the EHU and if i ever remembered i would leave some salt in there because it is good practice.
I would leave the windows closed
Always start your fridge the night before because the 12 volt can only maintain the temperature basically
I drink from bottled water (Reuseable before all you greenies get at me) which i fill up and not from the tank. Normally carry enough for 3-4 days and i m not dead (yet) there should be a drain you can pull to dump the water without going through the waste (put your hand in and pull something at the bottom of the tank)
Once your toilet is primed with high quality bio washing liquid tablets (for a dam site cheaper than that blue stuff) it is possible to add some water but i only add urine as it does the same job in my opinion.

Hope this helps and look up bio liquid capsules

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Where are the gas bottles on the new 105 accordo? They've made the washroom bigger from our model but lost 2 lockers on the rear n/s.
Sorry can't tell you, we were more concerned about the layout. We have asked to have a 2 x 6 litre Gaslow system fitted. Have a look at this link, there are 40 pics so it may become obvious where they are kept.(y)

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Sorry can't tell you, we were more concerned about the layout. We have asked to have a 2 x 6 litre Gaslow system fitted. Have a look at this link, there are 40 pics so it may become obvious where they are kept.(y)
There's an extra locker in the side of the van behind the drivers Seat so they're probably there. That shower cubicle has lost the van a lot of storage. If you keep anything in the shower cubicle put something down to protect the floor, they're very fragile (y)

Upvote 0

Bertie driver

Free Member
Apr 17, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Neebie
In our Elddis the battery is under the cab floor but there are contact points under the bonnet to attach charge leads.

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
If you keep anything in the shower cubicle put something down to protect the floor, they're very fragile
We use an ordinary shower may under our folding basket in which we keep our shoes and sandals..these we lift out quicly and easily when we use the shower.

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Another vote for Vehicles 4 Leisure Prestige range. At a price less than a standard Elddis, we got solar panel, Awning, bike rack, Thatcham 1 alarm, Alloy wheels and mirror protectors.

Helpful and friendly without being pushy yet efficient and happily let us visit to check over Moho prior to hand over day. I will say no frills so don’t expect a fancy showroom and key fobs with dealer badge but they fitted a second leisure battery and just charged cost of battery (mine is a 255 so has a 2nd holder for a hab battery.)

Must be best value dealer specials but not many 2018 models left, no more 125’s until 2019 model due in September and only one of ours left unsold due in June.

It was worth the trip for us 160 miles and Elddis have a network of repair centres who seem happy to help with warranty work.

Regarding solar panel, ours came with 100 watt panel and dual charger able to charge hab battery 90% and engine 10% but needs a cable running to engine battery which I will do over the Summer in time for the winter so as standard solar only charges hab battery but not a big job.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The only things in our shower are shower gel and shampoo on a shelf and MrMuscle shower cleaner spray which sits on the floor as there isnt room on the shelf. Our shower is in daily use and I dont expect to move anything to use it.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi @Richard and Ann I'm curious after reading a thread about vans having a spare wheel or not. Does the new Elddis Accordo 105 have a spare wheel?
Thanks
Davy
Yes, full size steel wheel underneath at the back. Our 2014 van has all steel wheels with wheel trims though. The new 105s have alloy wheels so don't know what the spare will be.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Yes, full size steel wheel underneath at the back. Our 2014 van has all steel wheels with wheel trims though. The new 105s have alloy wheels so don't know what the spare will be.
Thanks for that. I'm sure that the spare will be steel, it has been on all the cars that I've bought with alloy wheels(y) I drove lorries for years without a spare wheel but it was comforting to know that help was just a call phone away which I only had to use once in 12 years doing almost 5.000kms a week!

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Have I got this wrong . I thought that you could charge the starter battery when on hook up. On current van and previous van you can select either battery to charge at the controller. It automatically selects the hab battery when connection is made but can be changed to starter battery if you wish.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Have I got this wrong . I thought that you could charge the starter battery when on hook up. On current van and previous van you can select either battery to charge at the controller. It automatically selects the hab battery when connection is made but can be changed to starter battery if you wish.

By your avatar Mr Saint, I take it you have a Autotrail? Our battery charger does the same and she's on permanent EHU at home.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Hi @Jonno1103
You've just reminded me that I must change my avatar as we now have a different motorhome.
Different control panel but still able to charge either battery.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back