Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
.....oh yes... @Judge Mental ....silly question & I'm just curious Eddie....how come the German shows are so much bigger please?

Are there that many more foreign manufacturers , are there that many more models????? Do they show them all??

Cheers

Yes to first two questions and no not always all models. Hymer have there own hall....this year we where going to go but Hymer Exsis 474 not there..at least you can check before you go. Germany a completely different market, far bigger, dealer I use sells 40 vans a week in season and they are far from the largest. Its just completely different

Eddie

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Had a great time yesterday. Got my promised hot chocolate from @eddievanbitz , bored him to death with my newbie questions and booked in for the Growler. Spent my tax rebate :rolleyes: really restrained as well. Stayed over night back at the Toby. Had evening meal then returned to a freezing cold MH. Ran out of gas:mad: so much for the mag indicator. Couldn't have been so far out really need to get a more accurate one now. :rolleyes: So early night then off to my sisters to fill, dump and shower.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Second day at the show today,,me feet have had it:LOL: have bought a dash cam from Roadpro,put down a deposit on a new tow master A-frame with the Invisibrake braking system(y) quite expensive but looks an excellent piece of kit and is very lightweight at about 10kg.All we have to do now is get the car for it to go on:LOL: oh and Jo has bought a piece of gadgetry for the kitchen for easy peeling and shredding(y).even with just 5 halls it's a big show that's why this time we have spent 2days and 3 nights here(y)
Brian & Jo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham, we all had a lovely lunch in Wetherspoons - such a shame you weren't around to enjoy it :p
Well I enjoyed the company:ROFLMAO:....we've experienced better Wethers tbh....Dux....you must try more of them;)
We looked at that Wetherspoons before we went in yesterday morning and weren't all that impressed. Looked like they only had 3 real ales and none that I like.

Where's the photographic evidence of the duck wallet leaving the under wing protection then? :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I really like Julia Bradbury currently watching her latest walking programme.

I enjoyed the programme on Friday apart from having to listen to Chirs Bonnington, don't like him he spoiled by boating on Windermere.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Forgot to recount this little tale earlier :D

On Thursday when we were wandering round we were collared by a Dometic rep in a smart suit pushing their new Power Tabs for toilet cassettes. He was getting nicely into his spiel until he asked what we used at the moment - and was totally thrown (as was his colleague) when I said we used bio washing liquid. They'd never heard of that so he also asked what we used to clean the cassette and was knocked further back when I told him it not only breaks down the contents but keeps the cassette clean as well. The only bit of his script he could still use was to say that the tablets are lighter than carrying liquid :LOL::LOL:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We looked at that Wetherspoons before we went in yesterday morning and weren't all that impressed. Looked like they only had 3 real ales and none that I like.

Where's the photographic evidence of the duck wallet leaving the under wing protection then? :LOL:
It's just an ugly rumour

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

It was put away faster than a speeding bullet in case you turned up, Graham......

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
.....oh yes... @Judge Mental ....silly question & I'm just curious Eddie....how come the German shows are so much bigger please?

Are there that many more foreign manufacturers , are there that many more models????? Do they show them all??

Cheers
Just backing up what @Judge Mental said, stuff like this takes up a bit of room.

image.jpeg

Yes the car is real and not a model, the other Volkner on the stand had a Ferrari 458 in its mid axle garage.

And this.

image.jpeg

And.

image.jpeg

And at over a million £ you aren't going to see many Volkners in the UK, or anywhere come to that.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just backing up what @Judge Mental said, stuff like this takes up a bit of room.

View attachment 95158

Yes the car is real and not a model, the other Volkner on the stand had a Ferrari 458 in its mid axle garage.

And this.

View attachment 95159

And.

View attachment 95160

And at over a million £ you aren't going to see many Volkners in the UK, or anywhere come to that.

Martin
Could happily full time in something like that! I am a man of simple tastes:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Forgot to recount this little tale earlier :D

On Thursday when we were wandering round we were collared by a Dometic rep in a smart suit pushing their new Power Tabs for toilet cassettes. He was getting nicely into his spiel until he asked what we used at the moment - and was totally thrown (as was his colleague) when I said we used bio washing liquid. They'd never heard of that so he also asked what we used to clean the cassette and was knocked further back when I told him it not only breaks down the contents but keeps the cassette clean as well. The only bit of his script he could still use was to say that the tablets are lighter than carrying liquid :LOL::LOL:
We use the Power Tabs occasionally to clean out the grey waste tank, especially when the full sensor stays lit because of gunge on it. They are very effective if pricy - but worth carrying.

I pour hot water over the tab in the sink to wash it down into the tank. Providing the tank is say half full and you then drive off to your next stop the tank gets a good cleaning on the journey. It kills any smells for up to a week in my experience.

We use bio in the loo of course. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@funflair
I hate using OMG :) but OMG......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How the other half live. You'd have to do at least one of those shows just to see for your own eyes:Eeek:

Thanks for posting the pics:)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair
I hate using OMG :) but OMG......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How the other half live. You'd have to do at least one of those shows just to see for your own eyes:Eeek:

Thanks for posting the pics:)

And if you put on your best clobber and a bit of bling you can get inside as well, (actually we managed without), we got chatting to a guy who was helping out on a Swiss custom builders stand, I was admiring the fibreglass panels and the next minute we were inside, the van was built for a lady in a wheel chair and the steps turned into a lift for her chair, the hab door was like an aircraft hydraulic job and all the internal doors opened at the wave of a hand. It had a full wet room at the rear and three sound systems including a waterproof one in her wet room.

Behind it had a matching trailer with a Maserati Quattroporte.

I can't wait to go again this year, even if we do have to park under the main flight path into Dusseldorf airport.

Martin

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Dusseldorf really is the show to go to, it has everything and more and a completely different atmosphere to a UK show? Though there are children at the show they are a minority and always polite and well behaved, they allow dogs into the halls! The variety of Motorhomes on show is quite mind blowing along with every type of accessory available.

It's different to the UK it's much much better there's more room less crowding and you need not tire yourself out looking around because the size allows space and time to enjoy, for example,Hymer take up a complete hall and display every model and they are not alone.

The on site Aire is tight they park you too close in lines, there can be over 2000 MHs. Overnighting, it's right on the flight path and it's starts prompt each day 8.00 am, you can touch the Planes as they pass over.

We went to look in 2014 and purchased a new MH, going again this year because it's a great experience and I want to look more closely at accesories.

For those not so widely travelled it's easily reached from the Tunnel in about 6 hours easy driving, however, allow no less than 2 clear days to briefly look around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back