SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Following my complaint to ADAC on March 27 about being unable to get assistance in Morocco .......

i thought i would give you all an update ::bigsmile:

The complaint being that all i got , throughout , over an hour of phoning them was answer phone messages in German , :Doh:

i did manage to speak to one guy he said he would put me through to an English speaking agent , who just said , " i do not speak English " and put the phone down ,:cry:

i have repeatedly emailed them and was told last week that they had sent a letter to me ( not email ) :Eeek:

i opened the letter and ....... wait for it ......

IT IS WRITTEN IN GERMAN ......:Angry:

You may click " LIKE "
if this amazes or amuses you lol ...ya gotta laugh ....

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Didn't read your post about the trouble with ADAC assistance in Morocco .. so can't comment..
there have been other not so good reports ( Jock's comes to mind) while others sing their praises..

Like any insurance policy, be breakdown, medical etc.. you don't know how good it is until you need it.. and being a German company comes as no surprise that not all their employees are fluent in English.

Could you recap or point to your post when you had trouble in Morocco.. did you get assistance or not ?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
ADAC Public Relations
External Communications
Katja Legner
Tel: +49 (0) 89/76 76-64 17
E-mail: katja.legner @ adac.de

NOTE>>>
Studied at Arizona State University- So she can speak English...
Lives in Poing, Germany

CEO

Karl Obermair

Possible e-mail
Karl.Obermair@adac.de

Confirmed..
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...JF8luLwe21B83ew&bvm=bv.67720277,d.ZWU&cad=rja

Interesting...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542797/Germanys.html

Let us know how you get on...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Following my complaint to ADAC on March 27 about being unable to get assistance in Morocco .......

i thought i would give you all an update ::bigsmile:

The complaint being that all i got , throughout , over an hour of phoning them was answer phone messages in German , :Doh:

i did manage to speak to one guy he said he would put me through to an English speaking agent , who just said , " i do not speak English " and put the phone down ,:cry:

i have repeatedly emailed them and was told last week that they had sent a letter to me ( not email ) :Eeek:

i opened the letter and ....... wait for it ......

IT IS WRITTEN IN GERMAN ......:Angry:

You may click " LIKE "
if this amazes or amuses you lol ...ya gotta laugh ....
Been there and done it Graham, but we were €500 shorter for the privilege, and when it was finally sorted months and months later, Rita and I were still €300 out of pocket. :Angry:

Like Jim above, I've not seen your original post, but with have a snout about for it.

BTW, I can confirm that Karl Obermair does communicate in English..............or at least his PA does. :winky:

Good luck with it,

Jock.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I didn't realise ADAC even provided cover for Morocco... Thought it was just Europe. So what's the complaint? Did they leave you stranded? Have you written to them?
All written coms from ADAC is in German as far as I'm aware.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I didn't realise ADAC even provided cover for Morocco... Thought it was just Europe. So what's the complaint? Did they leave you stranded? Have you written to them?
All written coms from ADAC is in German as far as I'm aware.
Their cover is very much like that of Comfort Breakdown cover, (via the RAC) ie, In Morocco, you have to cover the cost of repairs/recovery, and they will reimburse you upon submission of receipts. In the case of ADAC, the limit is €200 outside Germany. :Sad:

Comfort when questioned, informed me that I would have to arrange for recovery from Morocco to Spain, whereupon the RAC's agents would take over. :whatthe: I hope I don't have to put that one to test. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I joined ADAC because they actually cover Morocco both for breakdown and for repatriation whereas the normal cover is you organise everything yourselve then claim it back , but in morocco they do not have" yellow pages etc " to locate dealers or garages to be able to call them out to you , there is very little on the internet about garages etc ,
i found out about Automall Ford from a driver who was sitting in a in a Moroccan Ford transit tour bus :Smile:

i never got an answer from ADAC even after an hour on the phone ,

we got assistance from a MH artist on the site who knew a mechanic , who got us away for a while but the EGR stopped working and we limped 200 mile to the nearest Ford agent in Agadir ,and paid out £395 for repairs plus the £35 the Moroccan mechanic charged us but that was for around 8 hours work ,

I contacted Andrea , the lady that speaks and writes excellent English ,
she is the membership person for ADAC , she forwarded my complaint to the complaints department and they ( Phillipe Bertrand Qualitatsmanagement ) eventually replied but in GERMAN :Eeek:

i will try and copy and paste my original email giving all the times etc
of the phone calls as i did it through skype and it is all logged ,:Cool:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I joined ADAC because they actually cover Morocco both for breakdown and for repatriation whereas the normal cover is you organise everything yourselve then claim it back , but in morocco they do not have" yellow pages etc " to locate dealers or garages to be able to call them out to you , there is very little on the internet about garages etc ,
i found out about Automall Ford from a driver who was sitting in a in a Moroccan Ford transit tour bus :Smile:

i never got an answer from ADAC even after an hour on the phone ,

we got assistance from a MH artist on the site who knew a mechanic , who got us away for a while but the EGR stopped working and we limped 200 mile to the nearest Ford agent in Agadir ,and paid out £395 for repairs plus the £35 the Moroccan mechanic charged us but that was for around 8 hours work ,

I contacted Andrea , the lady that speaks and writes excellent English ,
she is the membership person for ADAC , she forwarded my complaint to the complaints department and they ( Phillipe Bertrand Qualitatsmanagement ) eventually replied but in GERMAN :Eeek:

i have emailed Andrea about the letter as the department that sent it out has not included an email address for me to be able to reply to them , only a postal address and phone number ,:Angry:

i will try and copy and paste my original email giving all the times etc
of the phone calls as i did it through skype and it is all logged ,:Cool:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Should have done it in triplicate :Eeek:::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi.i,m not with adac but one year i was with some friends that were.
the ignition pack on his yamaha m,bike went down . it wasnt available locally in maroc . so adac sent the part to agadir to an office not far from the port. a woman there deals with adacs workings in maroc . she told my friend to go to a certain garage the bike was repaired . he paid the mechanic but to this day adac havent charged him for the part or delivery.
the next year he did call into the office and the woman said ,,its cheaper than recovering you so go away and enjoy your stay.
i thought that was great service by adac ,
certainly have met lots of germans that also have had all sorts of parts flown all over the world for them . mind speaking german must help.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We were tempted to go with ADAC once but read to many bad reports so glad we saved our money.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the main problem is it is a German Service unless you speak the language you are in bother. I have ADAC plus and apart from the communication problem they have always managed to sort me out. If the 200 euro max applies in all cases then no one will get repatriated. I hope I never have to test it.

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
ADAC

I can't comment on the other posts ,but you often find only negative posts on any company .
However I have had to use ADAC twice once in Greece and once in Spain . I found them first class they kept intouch every hour to check we were ok fixed up a hotel ( thankfully not needed) and generally looked after us . Even rang us the next day to make sure we were ok and wish us a safe journey.
So sorry to hear of your problems and I hope you get a resolution ,but I will not be leaving them anytime soon
Good luck dave

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
My golf broke down a few weeks ago, phoned them, they arranged for aa to come out to me, they towed me to nearest garage, and arranged a hotel for me as it could not be fixed same day.

A.D.A.C were ACE

For me anway

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
ADAC the original email sent March 27th

For those that wanted the full story and a copy of the email i sent way back in march,to ADAC .

Andrea was my original contact when i first joined ADAC and she arranged my renewl before we went away in December ,

Good Morning , Andrea . :Smile:

I hope you are well and can help me with this problem or forward this email to the correct person.

I have just returned from touring Morocco with my camping car ,

While we were there i had a break down and tried to call ADAC for assistance , but could not get any help from ADAC !...

This is a list of the calls i made , trying all the numbers that were on the card and that i could find in my paper work .

January 30th 2014

11;10 89222222 recorded message in German

11;13 89767676 6.41 min The man spoke basic English . said he was medical emergency ,i explained my problem ,
he took my membership details and confirmed them to me and said he would put me through to someone who spoke English,
and they would help me to get breakdown assistance.
When i got through to the man , i tried to explain my problem but he just said " i do not speak English " and put the phone down !.

I then tried the following numbers
11;20 89222222 recorded message in German
11;22 8976765161 recorded message in German
11;34 8976765161 recorded message in German
11;37 049 1805101112 recorded message in German
11;40 89222222 recorded message in German

In total i spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get assistance ;-

In the end a Moroccan passing bye went and found a local mechanic , who, using diagnostic equipment traced the fault to the EGR valve ,

He cleaned it and reset the Engine Management System which got the engine working and i then had to drive 400km from Sidi Ifni to Agadir
on reduced power to the main Ford agent and wait 3 days for parts to come from Casablanca and be fitted ,

The local mechanic charged me 500Dirham (50 E ) and Auto Hall in Agadir charged 5,092 Dirham ( 592 E) .

Fortunately we were able to find a local campsite in Agadir to be able to still sleep in the camping car otherwise we would have had to find a Hotel and get taxis to and from the garage ,

I joined ADAC last year while i was in Morocco because ADAC covered Morocco and have just renwed my membership .( but have not recieved my new card )

so i have paid 89.;50 Euro x 2 for NO SERVICE . and a lot of worry and stress .....

Please can you look into my complaint ,

Regards Graham

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
very odd that a german company based in germany chooses to communicate in german of all languages. bloody daft johnny foreigner what

seriously though there was a big problem a while back where they were refusing to take on any more customers from the uk. like any other insurance the devil is in the details and you need to read the (german) small print very carefully

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
11;13 89767676 6.41 min The man spoke basic English . said he was medical emergency ,i explained my problem ,
he took my membership details and confirmed them to me and said he would put me through to someone who spoke English,
and they would help me to get breakdown assistance.
When i got through to the man , i tried to explain my problem but he just said " i do not speak English " and put the phone down !.

I then tried the following numbers...

Your other numbers were all answering machines. Why didn't you call the number ending in 676 again, given there seemed to be someone who spoke English on the end if it?

In an ideal word you would just need to make one short call and help would arrive but sometimes things are not so easy and a bit of persistence is required.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The €200 limit is for towing to the nearest garage within 80kms/50 miles NOT for repatriation, that would be absurd.
The limit for repatriation is the value of the vehicle.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
The €200 limit is for towing to the nearest garage within 80kms/50 miles NOT for repatriation, that would be absurd.
The limit for repatriation is the value of the vehicle.

Yes, thats my understanding of the contract.:thumb:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Your other numbers were all answering machines. Why didn't you call the number ending in 676 again, given there seemed to be someone who spoke English on the end if it?

In an ideal word you would just need to make one short call and help would arrive but sometimes things are not so easy and a bit of persistence is required.

He stated in basic English he was medical only that is why he put me through to breakdown , :RollEyes:

i think the time i spent on the phone and the number of calls i made is classed as being persistant in my book , :Eeek:

when i paid my membership they did not say ...oh and if you need us you must be very persistant or we will not help you ....:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back