A couple of things I prefer about .... (1 Viewer)

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
... MHFacts :cautious:

Now, before I get shot, let me say that I've been hugely impressed by the warm welcome I've received here, and perhaps it's a tad impertinent of a newcomer to comment on how this site is organised, but ...

Wouldn't it be better if Continental Touring was organised by country? I don't want to have to wade through posts about the whole of Europe if I'm just interested in France. And not all posters make it obvious from their titles which country they are talking about.

I think there should be a dedicated section for methods of internet access. I see posts spread all over the forum about it. After all, internet access is pretty fundamental to participation on this site!

You have very good site, but nothing is beyond improvement. (y)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun. I came across fun by accident and never needed to go elsewhere so cant comment on the facts website

This is a new website that has only recently been developed and I think its far better than the old one.

The search facility is brilliant so if you type in France and choose your criteria it should bring up everything related to it. Hope that helps.

As for "before I get shot" we are not like that on here. We have banter the occasional scarcastic comment and the laughs and jokes as well as the serious stuff.

As its still being developed I am sure Jim will take on board all suggestions and comments and indeed he has changed some things due to users comments already.

I hope you enjoy being part of motorhome fun and that I get to meet you at some point xxx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi DocHoliday

I think you are most likely correct in what you say but the big difference is that this site is brand new and the other MHF is yonks old and has been fine tuned over the years.

I said the big difference but I should have made that in the pleural, as the other big difference between the two is that on FUN the management do actually listed to what the membership want and do something about it, I am sure you will see this site change and grow over time.

I can't type quick enough to beat Gail.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
... MHFacts :cautious:

Now, before I get shot, let me say that I've been hugely impressed by the warm welcome I've received here, and perhaps it's a tad impertinent of a newcomer to comment on how this site is organised, but ...

Wouldn't it be better if Continental Touring was organised by country? I don't want to have to wade through posts about the whole of Europe if I'm just interested in France. And not all posters make it obvious from their titles which country they are talking about.

I think there should be a dedicated section for methods of internet access. I see posts spread all over the forum about it. After all, internet access is pretty fundamental to participation on this site!

You have very good site, but nothing is beyond improvement. (y)

No one will think your impertinent here. One of things that people moaned about on Facts for years was there were too many sub forums, then more moans that something was in the wrong forum section etc.. But one major difference between the two sites, apart from the obvious, :) is that the search on motorhome fun works. On facts the search function has not worked properly since 2006. Fun's search function returns relevant results in nano seconds, this makes the need for hundreds of sub forums less important. That said, that's a good point about splitting up continental touring, and I'll definitely be looking at what I can do there.

Meanwhile, we've always had a web connections forum. (y)

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Thanks Jim (y)

I admit I hadn't noticed the Web connections forum. And it seems quite a few other people don't know about it because no one has posted there since 12th July! Perhaps some kind person could move the current Europasim discussion(s) there, as that would be its natural home, I would have thought.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As for "before I get shot" we are not like that on here. We have banter the occasional scarcastic comment and the laughs and jokes as well as the serious stuff.

I hope you enjoy being part of motorhome fun and that I get to meet you at some point xxx

Seconded, Gail........ (y)

A good sense of humour goes down really well here as well as the serious stuff. You'll always get a good constructive answer and usually very quickly

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I never bother with which forum people post in as I just look at the new posts. If a topic interests me I will read it and if I think I can make a helpful post I will (otherwise I just make an unhelpful one:happy:)

If I start a thread I will try to put it in the right place though as I know some people only read certain forums.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I never bother with which forum people post in as I just look at the new posts. If a topic interests me I will read it and if I think I can make a helpful post I will (otherwise I just make an unhelpful one:happy:)

If I start a thread I will try to put it in the right place though as I know some people only read certain forums.
I find that the easiest way to access any forum, on any subject. Where the facility is not available it can be rather frustrating trying to browse all new stuff, especially as people sometimes start similar threads in different sub-forums.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I find that the easiest way to access any forum, on any subject. Where the facility is not available it can be rather frustrating trying to browse all new stuff, especially as people sometimes start similar threads in different sub-forums.

A sound fact. (y)(y) I remember a most interesting thread on 'The Genetic Mutations of Old Glossop'. :):)

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
I'm an engineer. I like the right thing in the right place. The Dewey Decimal Classification is one of humanity's crowning achievements. :D

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:active::beerchug::birthday::boxing::cheers::clap2::drink::Eeek::groan::moon2::party2:
:reel::spam::swear2::whistle2::wine::wub::yawn2::Smile:::bigsmile::blush::cooler::doh::laughing::rofl::RollEyes:

Yea!!! the old smilies ARE back

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:moon2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Where's the lips? where's the lips Jim?

Jun 30, 2010