A class tables and frnt lounges vans (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
What do A class owners do with your tables in the lounge, they seem fixed? are they?

The tables in say " a burstner 821" and/or simular modles, do they pack away, or are they perminatly there? do they get in he way all time?
do you find its harder to sit back and whatch TV in a A class front lounge than it would be in a rear U shaped lounge ?. So do you use the front captians chairs for this?

A lot of A class front lounge area's seem to no where to put a tv properly? I.E. the tv is by the door facing away from the forward facing seating? or its in the middle of the oppossing settee as a pop up so can be viewed by one settee only

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
The table on our Euramobile is removable and extendable and we usually move from side to side depending on whether we use both sets of dining seats. The previous owners had a tv in the cabinet at the front of the dinette so would be able to be used by both the rear dinette seats or the lengthways couch on the side.

As you step down into the cab the front driver and passenger seats are only used for driving.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
What do A class owners do with your tables in the lounge, they seem fixed? are they?The tables in say " a burstner 821" and/or simular modles, do they pack away, or are they perminatly there? do they get in he way all time?do you find its harder to sit back and whatch TV in a A class front lounge than it would be in a rear U shaped lounge ?. So do you use the front captians chairs for this?A lot of A class front lounge area's seem to no where to put a tv properly? I.E. the tv is by the door facing away from the forward facing seating? or its in the middle of the oppossing settee as a pop up so can be viewed by one settee only

The tables are designed for max number, not the 'usual' - two

My last van I fitted a smaller table top (for two of us)

This van (on my own), don't even put the table up..............

...............don't be afraid to change the layout to suit your needs(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This made our decision to buy a Hymer B544. Although has a drop down bed it does not have a restrictive dinette type arrangement but twin sofas and seating for eight. The table is a small round extendable one.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
On our Rapido the table folds in half and can be pushed out of the way.

Link Removed

IMG_0085.jpg

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Frankia table is on tracks and slides up and down the cabin, so can be put out of the way between driver and passenger seats.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a Hymer B584. Its table is between the reversed passenger seat & another identical travel seat. The table extended out to the centre of the van and had another section that extended it to a position level with the edge of the bench seat on the opposite side of the van. I've removed the extension, hinged the remainder, and made a swing-out leg to replace the fixed one. At night in particular its great to have the area clear. Rear lounge vans always look to me as though they have two separate areas divided by a corridor. And I like to make use of the best seats (and windows) in the vehicle.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Hi Phil, we put a smaller table top on our elegance pedestal it was much easier to slide that sideways, backwards and forewards out of the way than the huge table it came with. We still had plenty room to dine for 4 and much more lounging space than we needed. If we watched TV there were usually only 2 of us so we had a Captains seat each, putting our feet up on the bench seats. TV by the door.
In the Cathargo the table is smaller anyway, slides around and again we both sit/lounge with feet up, one on the LH passenger seat going onto the other seat and one on the LH bench going across forward facing seats and onto side bench, TV from back of RH side. Very comfy. On the rare occasions others come we either wont watch TV anyway or let kids put a DVD on in the back/front depending who sleeps where.
We spent hours both times we bought, sitting everywhere, lying on bed standing in shower, perching on loo, door open, shut etc etc making sure we would be comfortable.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have a Hymer B584. Its table is between the reversed passenger seat & another identical travel seat. The table extended out to the centre of the van and had another section that extended it to a position level with the edge of the bench seat on the opposite side of the van. I've removed the extension, hinged the remainder, and made a swing-out leg to replace the fixed one. At night in particular its great to have the area clear. Rear lounge vans always look to me as though they have two separate areas divided by a corridor. And I like to make use of the best seats (and windows) in the vehicle.
That would be called a "bar version" or it was until you altered it.

Martin

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Another Hymer 584 owner, mine came with the table already hinged but if it hadn't I'd of had it done cos it must be a right pain otherwise(y)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Our table is stored at home. We found that it makes it difficult to travel with two dogs when it was in place. They have a home in the rear garage when we are parked up, and we have a small table which we put up when needed.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The table in our Rapido is fixed and big enough for 5 to eat around comfortably.

We don't find it hard to use the space for lounging. The captains chairs are perfectly comfortable and 'er indoors and the dogs prefer the L shaped sofa/bench.

The TV lives in it's own cupboard above the fridge and pulls out on an extending bracket.

We don't find the layout restrictive at all, we're quite happy with it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
As I said, for the two of us I replaced the original table top for a smaller, plywood top - replacing the original before selling.

It suited us while we used the van.

What surprised me was the enormous weight of the original top, for those needing to save weight

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Our Euramobil A class has a large table with a folding end that will comfortably seat 7 , but we have a smaller one that we use as an everyday one as its easier to get round, and if we are at an event we have a 10 seater bench and table outside.. we use the large table as an extra worktop laid on the over garage bed, it lives in the space between the wardrobe and the bed anyway , and it stops the bed becoming a dumping ground during the day.

Out TV cabinet is at a stupid height to watch , so I don't even bother with one , use it as a drinks cabinet , don't go away to watch TV

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
The very reason we won't change our van is the modern lounge layout just doesnt do it for us. Massive tables with funny little L shaped lounge. The only van we've seen with a sensible lounge is the Hymer B544 like @Larrynwin which puts most big vans to shame for lounging space. If it had a garage we'd have one now.:)

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The very reason we won't change our van is the modern lounge layout just doesnt do it for us. Massive tables with funny little L shaped lounge. The only van we've seen with a sensible lounge is the Hymer B544 like @Larrynwin which puts most big vans to shame for lounging space. If it had a garage we'd have one now.:)

Although not as spacious as a garage check out the lockers and underfloor storage, we get all we need on board, just ;)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Although not as spacious as a garage check out the lockers and underfloor storage, we get all we need on board, just ;)
Yeah we've looked at 2 this year, storage isn't the problem it's the motorbike as I don't want to go back to towing.
Nearly took the plunge on a 2 year old one at 4250kgs but couldn't get the right deal.
When if we eventually downsize its the only van that we'd consider, my son has one albeit a old one he loves it he'll never part with it. (y)(y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth

Lockers are great , but unless you can get 2 motorbikes in the back , its a huge NOOOOOO.....

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
nice. same layout as ours , except it isn't a left hooker.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@Kim H when you took out your table what was left on the floor? Just the bolt holes? We have the same set up and I'd like to remove it but need to convince jumar.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
@Kim H when you took out your table what was left on the floor? Just the bolt holes? We have the same set up and I'd like to remove it but need to convince jumar.
if it like ours , there is a 50mm hole in the centre , with the bolt holes round it , wouldn't be hard to knock up a blanking plate.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Wouldn't want £4k of bikes sitting on a rack.:)

This is part of my problem, not that I'll be spending 4K on high end bikes.

My partly disabled wife has ankylosing spondylitis, so we NEED a big lounge area for the days when she’s not having a good day, so she can put her feet up etc. with good viewing of a TV..

Some A class can be so tight at the lounge end, whereas U shaped lounges with a dinette up front are more spacious FOR US

We need a bed that’s low enough for her to get into on bad days because an A Class rear bed is too high, U shaped lounges that make up a low bed are ok for this but of course you do have to make the bed daily.

On good day, when she’s active we would like to get out and do some biking to help both our fitness levels and our mobility up,

BUT when we do get electric bikes (not 4k ones) I’d be happier with them tucked up in a safe garage rather than on a bike rake fixed to the rear.

Our current van autotrail scout would be very tight on weight if I hung a bike rake low down and put a couple of bikes on it.

Im going round and round.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back