Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
looks like im going to be travelling in style for a bit.

My daily drive van is out of MOT come saturday, and i'm done with trying to fix it, got a month to wait for my replacement to come available..

Luckily its only 8 miles each way and no town driving.

Bonus is i will be able to catch a lunchtime nap for the first time in a long time.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If you are commuting to a place of work you might need to check your MH insurance. I used to have commuting cover on my T4 Camper after I sold my car. For the occasional 360 mile round trip to Head Office.

Otherwise, carry on!

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Make your own lunch fresh from the fridge too....(y)

I was saying the other day to Mrs that we should get rid of the car...
We have, now everywhere we go we have lunch, a loo and a bed to kip on. A friend showed me his Porsche Boxster. Great! But look at the downsides................compared to our 12 year old van. Sitting on Cromer cliff top with everything laid on. You can keep your Porsche.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Can't tow with one.
Well! We are hoping to tow with our TGA disability scooter 8 mph. Then I can sit on the trailer and off we go. Otherwise it means sitting on Sue's lap and I might get a few comments.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Make your own lunch fresh from the fridge too....(y)

I was saying the other day to Mrs that we should get rid of the car...
Funnily enough just the other day I was saying to the car that we should get rid of the Missus.

I know.......... dead man walking!:(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Well! We are hoping to tow with our TGA disability scooter 8 mph. Then I can sit on the trailer and off we go. Otherwise it means sitting on Sue's lap and I might get a few comments.
These sort of trailers.:)
Broken Link Removed
@gus-lopez cant you put a scooter/motorcycle carrier on rear , or are you at the max rear axle loading ?
As above.
additionally as my vehicle is 28 years old you can no longer find anyone manufacturing a homologated tow bar able to be fitted to it. :(
It is possible to get one manufactured by first obtaining an 'engineers project' but the cost is prohibitive.:Eeek::Eeek:
A scooter/mc carrier , or anything, has to be homologated & fitted by a certified engineer(?) who can add it to the log book.:( As above the same problem would arise.
To be legal most additions have to be added to the log book.:cry:
Like the bike rack that is fitted to mine.o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I take it by your reply that your vehicle is registered in Espana :( ?
The only answer then would be replacing whole vehicle with UK reg one that has what you need already fitted before leaving UK and then take to Spain and re reg ?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I take it by your reply that your vehicle is registered in Espana :( ?
The only answer then would be replacing whole vehicle with UK reg one that has what you need already fitted before leaving UK and then take to Spain and re reg ?
Yes I am a spanish resident & the van is spanish. So buying a Uk one would mean it would have to be transported here as I cannot drive it in spain legally. If I was changing the van it would be for another spanish one or possibly one from another EU country ( which I can't drive either :D).
There appears to be some confusion anyway as the comment I made originally was to the effect that I need another vehicle that i can tow with up to 3,5 tonnes ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back