Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We've had our MH about 3 months now and so far made one trip in it. We are planning a trip to Spain and Portugal in the New Year, but I mentioned it was an expensive extension to have sat on the drive and not be used. Then we realised it is actually quite a cheap extension. It is our bedroom over the Christmas holidays while we have family staying over. It currently has our turkey in the fridge as there is no room left in the house fridge. It stores our pedal cycles and leaves the main garage free for our 4 motorcycles and other clutter.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When the kids were home and we had the big Hymer it was used as their sulking place :) as well as extra bedrooms when we had guests and one daughter used the roof as her private sun bathing space as the roof of the van was not overlooked.

It was a very old machine when we had her (and is still on the road), it cost less than a decent summer house would :)

We are thinking of selling the house we have now and moving to somewhere closer to family. The idea is sell first and then buy so we may be living in our motorhome for a while and that has to be cheaper than renting - especially if we decide to build again or have extensive renovations to do to a property.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Someone I know spent ÂŁ30,000 on an art studio in the garden which is too cold to use in the winter - would have been better getting a pre-loved RV that failed it's MOT me thinks!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@Puddleduck
Thats exactly what we did sold the big family home as it was too big once the kids left and we were travelling 6 months a year. Lived in the van for 6 months built ourselves a small manageable home and bought 2 town houses which we rent out. Now we have some extra income plus our money is still in property but 3 places instead of 1 and the kids will inherit a house each when we're gone.:xgrin:
Every one wins:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Even been thinking about buying a building plot and putting a couple of old statics on it (subject to planning of course), ripping out the insides and using them for hobby rooms - his train set and my studio - and then a newer static for the main house. A couple of spots for tourers (CL / CS or even Britstop) and we would be set.

I think we missed an opportunity when an old council yard came up for sale a couple of years back - lots of sheds and storage, no garden, all tarmac :) Probably too much money and too big though :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back