A Camera for when I put my iPhone down? (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you want smaller the Sony RX100 range seems to be the one to go for , they're up to mk 4 now

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK here goes:

Upgrade your phone:mask:

The latest and greatest Samsung, Apple etc etc and it will always be with you, always charged and always be able to edit pictures directly on it. Stills, video and slo mo

Unless i had a particular application that required a DSLR/Bridge camera i wouldn't bother. I don't do any wildlife stuff anymore but still do macro stills and my DSLR is on another level vs any phone and that's the only time i use it.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
If you want smaller the Sony RX100 range seems to be the one to go for , they're up to mk 4 now
They're up to Mk 7

I'm very tempted to go for the 7 myself, but there are rumours of a Mk 8 being released soon with a 20-200mm lens, and that extra 4mm on the wide end would be very useful to me.

I use an A7iii at the moment, but don't get out as much as I used to, so hard to justify keeping the kit.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Hello!

Looking for getting away from the smartfone tech and back to a real passion of photography.

Any recommendations for a real DSLR?

ET
Take a look at mpb.com for used cameras and lenses they are all checked out before sale and prices are keen.
Do Yourself a list of what you are likely to shoot, portraits, landscapes, macro, Travel, Wildlife etc, then look at budget for both body and lenses, there are cameras out there that try to be all things to all people, issue with them is there will be menus to sort through and most if it you won’t use.
Depending On your physique you may not want to be doing wildlife with a 600m lens and DSLR weighing in at 20kgs for a whole day, a mirrorless set up will weigh much less, a Bridge camera may give you the range you need.
I have had many Canon cameras and bodies and have now moved to Canon R5 mirrorless with RF lenses which I have found to be much easier to carry around all day for wildlife and landscapes. Quality is brilliant and it has opened up new ways of using the kit.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
If your budget will run to it this is a good choice
Leica lens
15x optical zoom
The important bit , a 1" sensor , bigger sensor ,= more detail

Screenshot_20210712-201125_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mathers are the cheapest at £569 on camerapricebuster

Or there's quite a saving on the canon G7 buying from hdew , they're grey imports which usually means no manufacturers warranty but hdew warrant them and they've been around dor a while
Screenshot_20210712-201818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My pop in the pocket carry anywhere camera is a Sony Cyber Shot DSC - WX350 , love it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
All these landlubbers! Another twist is the Canon Powershot D30. I have had one for years and it is great. Drop proof and waterproof to 25m gives you confidence when in the rain - or the pool! It is the Landrover of cameras.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back