A BIT MORE TORQUE (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just read this about remapping and tuning boxes, but where do you stand with your insurance.
If you inform them, which I am sure you have to, do they increase your premiums?

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Forgive me here, but you in a motorhome, which you will not be racing or hammering alone the road at any great pace and you want to remap the engine! cannot see the sense in it.
I have a Ford Transit base 2.2L Duratorq TDCi 140psi, which is fast enough, good on fuel and gets me from A to B. Sorted.

Remapping is not just about who can get from one set of lights to the next quickest . Or who can go the fastest !

It more than often is about improving the Tourque curve. The Tourque curve is best if it is strong up though the fev range. But as above the manufacturers have to get within emisions tests. So they just cannot give us the best map the vehicle is capable of.

Strong Tourque equals less need to change gear. Juts feather the throttle as yo approach a hill and up she goes. With poor mapping by that I mean the standard emisions constricted maps it's likely changing down will be needed.
honestly a really well mapped engine is so much nicer to drive. Plus economy is nearly always improved .

Your van is the more powerful version of the Ford 2.2 TDCI .. If it was the 100BHP version I bet you would be looking for more power....

Edited to add.. I have had many transit vans. My own personal ones have been mapped and the increased drivability. Stronger nicer Tourque curve and increased power has always made them so much nicer to drive. Plus the MPG was improved. Double win really ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Tony drake

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2008
I think you will agree that a poor quality of badly set up tuning kit can play hell with vehicles. It's common for them to throw up lights on the dash.
Yes mate that's true, that's why I'd like to see a picture of the light just to make sure?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back