A Bigger Little Adventure, (in a bigger van) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
This morning we bid a fond farewell to all at Parc Verger, (after nicking some of their Sloes to make sloe gin) and making tentative plans to return in July as we make our way back North. It was lovely to meet the Munchies, Bridget, Laneside and of course Lisa and Franc.

After a damp start, which turned into a very warm and humid day, still 19c out now at 6pm, this evening finds us on the outskirts of Bordeaux tucked away amongst the vines at Château St Ahon. Not in the Aires book but you can find it on Camper Contact, site number 22977. I think they are also in the French Passion scheme as it is mentiond on their website. We have resisted the wine tasting this evening, but plan to visit their shop tomorrow on the way out!
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like a good plan. We haven't decided where we are staying yet but will let you know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi I am in Calpe same site as you ,arrived today are you still here.?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Have been enjoying the warmth of this time of year in Spain, not too warm but pleasant cycling weather.
image.jpg
After a couple of enjoyable rides to get the legs going we did a gear/knee crunching climb of a ride today! Due to my poor map reading we ending going up a near vertical road away from the Calpe/Moriara Coast, even the cars were coming past in 2nd gear, or they sounded like it! After nearly running over a snake, which retreated at an impressive speed, we finally reached the top of the hills over looking the coast. It was a bugger of a climb and this photo does not show any of height I hoped it would.

image.jpg

We then found an alternative route back down - a perfectly laid black ribbon of tarmac with some dream hairpin bends, with clear views of any on coming traffic (except there wasn't any) and had a fantastic adrenalin rush of a ride down to Moriara for coffee on the seafront. Although we resisted the Soberano with the coffee today as we decided our mid-ride rehydration strategy was not quite what it should be!
image.jpg

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It's been a subdued couple of days, feeling a bit guilty for enjoying ourselves after the events in Paris and Kenya. It feels wrong somehow to just carry on as normal when so many are in turmoil. We are out during the day exploring the countryside and living a very privileged life, then catch up with news in the evening which brings us back down to earth with a bump. How can our world be in such a mess..............

Just a few photos of our cycle ride in the hills above Calpe yesterday - hot and hilly but every enjoyable.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Enjoying the thread guys, the van looks a cracker, enjoy your time in Spain.
We are holed up in Peniche enjoying the great weather, catch up with you somewhere in Morocco no doubt
Be lucky
Marc and Sam

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello to you two.
We are enjoying Spain and some gorgeous weather just now. The only down side of where we are is that dogs are not allowed on the beach, but we went in search of another site today and found one right on a dog friendly beach just along the coast. Do you remember Max and Izzy going crazy on the beach in Morocco? What was it called Quwikki Beach or something?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Not much been happening down our way over the last couple of days, except some serious relaxing and chilling. Today the weather took a turn for the worst but still warm. This evening we are awaiting the invasion of the fire engine dwellers aka @Dazzlin and that dangerous solo motorhomer @Eve for beer/gin o'clock.

I did try complaining about Eve, what with her being by herself and all that, but the site owners were having non on it.
image.jpg

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
It's a tuff old life being a solo,dog crying,neibours complaining,and I am dangerous as well, enjoyed my G&T,and spag Bol company to die for, thank you for a lovely evening photo does not do it justice,had to leave the young ones to it, 9 pm and they where drinking coffee without brandy. What more can I say,said my good byes!!!!
image.jpg

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Coffee without brandy???????We were looking forward to catching up with the two wheels but might have to reconsider.Can't wait to get on 't road,but not till new year.See you then,safe travelling. Martin

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Never fear Martin, we did indeed have brandy with our coffee and a bottle of Sloe Gin too. You should have seen the empties I had to take to the bottle bank this morning! Goodness knows what Colin and Daz are talking about here!

image.jpg

After a delicate start to the day and the big clear up from last night, we have left Calpe and moved a few kilometres along the coast to Altea. We are in a tiny campsite (just 4 vans) right on the beach and the weather is getting back to something like.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Bobnmyrtle

Free Member
Dec 7, 2012
Royston
Funster No
MH
Hi-top
Exp
Since 2007 following 35 years caravanning
Try the Col de Ratas, on a good day of course. You will love it

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Are you posting all those piccies just to make me envious........ lurve the blog Babes, give my best to Colin and keep the thread going too. :heartbreak:.. Griff

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Are you posting all those piccies just to make me envious........ lurve the blog Babes, give my best to Colin and keep the thread going too. :heartbreak:.. Griff
Yes because we want you to get your finger out and come and join us!

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Goodness knows what Colin and Daz are talking about here!

How about... " so , anyway, I found the best thing in the end was to hold my hands up and say.....absolutely Sandra, darling, anything you say goes! What was that you wanted????.."

ps Sorry I missed you yesterday or did you move on quick when you knew I was coming:LOL:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
After settling in to our tiny campsite in Altea, getting to know our Dutch and Belgian neighbours, who are very nice and friendly. Yesterday we had a good walk around the town and have fallen a little in love with it.
Altea old town
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And after climbing up to the top to see this.....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

..........we then had to take on refreshments before descending to sea level.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Today the sun was shining, the wind dropped there was only one thing to do........GET THE BOATS OFF THE ROOF!

After unpacking nearly everything out of the lockers to find all the bits and bobs that go with the boats, (haven't used them since the Dorset meet in June, we finally set off for a couple of hours paddling around L'Olla bay in between Altea and Calpa.
This one is for @Popeye
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We had a really good sighting of a King Fisher in this little bay. I didn't know they fed from salt water.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Great pics place looks lovely, nice hill for some hill sessions for you and Colin

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We had a really good sighting of a King Fisher in this little bay. I didn't know they fed from salt water.
Probably almost the only place they feed around there at times, given the lack of suitable rivers and streams, especially in summer when there is no rain.

When I lived in Kingsbridge in Devon we used to see them sometimes fishing in the harbour, sitting on mooring ropes and looking down for baby mullet etc.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Probably almost the only place they feed around there at times, given the lack of suitable rivers and streams, especially in summer when there is no rain.

When I lived in Kingsbridge in Devon we used to see them sometimes fishing in the harbour, sitting on mooring ropes and looking down for baby mullet etc.
Thanks for that, I will keep a closer eye at for them. It was a proper sighting too, not just a flash of blue and left thinking was it a KF or not.

Reactions: DBK

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am so jealous....... got new kayaks earlier this year but with Martin's op and all the other "stuff" going in we've only had one of them in water so far ... and that was round a neighbours' pond!

Love the photos.......

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I am so jealous....... got new kayaks earlier this year but with Martin's op and all the other "stuff" going in we've only had one of them in water so far ... and that was round a neighbours' pond!

Love the photos.......
Your time will come PD. That wa only he 2nd time we have used them since buying them in June. It was a good job we got them out yesterday as the sea is a surfers sea today. The local surfers must have know from the weather forecast as they were out on their boards very early. I should imagine it is quite rare along this bit of coast for it to be a surfers sea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back