Cantley, Norwich
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Relative Newbie, although tugged for 20 years
:hi::hiya2: From, Debs, Will and Barney Doodle

A bit of background.....

We have been tuggers for the past 20 years, but finally had enough of it, there had to be an easier way.

Looks like we found it, went to the Motorhome and Caravanning Show at Birmingham in October last year, with a good idea of what we were looking for.

A big lounge, fixed bed, separate shower and toilet, not too much to ask . But came away from there even more confused

So went for another look around our local dealership Becks of Martha's and made a decision Now the waiting game until our Autograph 765 to arrive from the Bailey Factory. "Bailey" I hear you say yes, I know they jumped on the bandwagon and stuck a caravan on the chassis of a van, but having had Bailey caravans before, we thought it would be fine.

Well it arrived in March, initially very pleased with it, 6 Berth, large lounge electric drop down bed, side dinette, everything on our wish list.

Some teething issues, non of the cupboards aligned, gas cupboard would not open, habitation door kept jamming, latches fell off, fridge door was lose, electric bed binded on headrests when lowering, the awning light did not work were just a few of the things. But to be fair they sorted them, but by now we realised it was not easy with arthritis getting up and down the ladder to get into bed, apart from fallling off into the sink when trying to get down it was a nightmare.

So by this time we started sleeping on the main lounge sofas with Duvalays, but still not as comfortable as we had imagined, so then we started pulling out the middle to make up the big bed . Now we were defeating the object of buying one with a fixed bed....

By July when we attended our first Motorhome Show at The Showground, in Norfolk, i knew I was not happy with it, but had yet to get hubby to agree. I think by now the seed had been sown, but we went ahead and had a solar panel fitted, because you never know what lies ahead.

Next show we went to was in July at Malvern, getting a tad fed up now with making up the bed, so it was now or never.

Looked around a few motor homes but nothing really took our fancy until we spotted an Autotrail Delaware, :xThumb: perfect all my Christmas's had come at once. This was the one for us :hugs:negotiated a bike rack and gaslow bottles to clinch the sale and Goodbye Bailey :drinks:

A bit nerve wracking carrying on using the van for a trip to Wales on leaving Malvern, but very excited about the new Moho.

Best decision we ever made, a small compromise on the lounge, but still large enough to lay out on, but the island bed is to die for.

Hubby is especially pleased as he now gets his garage, as storage space on the Bailey was virtually non existent.

So in September we got our new addition and have already clocked up a couple of 'K' and are looking forward to spending a few months in Europe over the coming months.

Hence the reason for joining your lovely group, so we can meet up with fellow travellers in Spain and Portugal

I had not intended to give you my life history, just a short introduction :hi: but I do tend to get carried away ::bigsmile:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

And importantly
animation-christmas-pictures1.gif

Glad it was only a shortened version of the introduction but I think you needed to get that off your chest.
Well done

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi, with a tale like that, you'll fit in well on here. Happy camping :xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
:hiya2: and welcome from the NE.

A bit like yourself, I (we at the time) made the jump to motorhomes from the world of Bailey, but before Bailey had started making motorhomes, otherwise I might have been tempted to stay with them myself.

Traded a Series 5 Wyoming in against a Bessacarr E769 with fixed island bed and garage and became hooked. Loved that van, but as the kids outgrew us, it was a bit on the large side and I've been downsizing since.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi and:welco:

Like everybody says, you have to get the layout right.

Mind you they also say that your third van is the right one, oh you might be OK, caravan Bailey Autotrail.

Martin

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF:xThumb: great introduction glad you got sorted in the end.enjoy your time here ,it's a great forum and club with loads of great and knowledgable members:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
welcome to the Fun :welco:

and merry christmas and we wish u a prosperous new year :xgrin::xThumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

.... p.s. To get the most from the forum you will need to subscribe. It's well worth £15 and will allow you to continue posting as well as letting you into areas that non members can't access.

Wyn

Nigel Leeds

Free Member
May 16, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome Debs, Will & Doodle Barney. Hope the new Autotrail does not have many snags as the Bailey & that it suits your needs better. Enjoy your travels. Happy New Year.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
:xgrin:HELLO AND WELCOME, AT LEAST YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE FIRST TIME BY JOINING MHF :xThumb:GWYNTAXI.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back