a beginner (1 Viewer)

A

alli

Deleted User
hi
we are just about to buy our first motorhome, have think we are going for the bessaccar E760. Will we have problems with the bessa is we breakdown for example, are parts easy to come by in europe. Can you help me with a few questions please?
1. Are there any stipulations on using a moped in europe ie can you go 2 up without a special licence etc Do you need special insurance also?
2. I am 33 and my partner is 35. Are there lots of people our age motorhoming or is it generally for the older person?
3. We are hopeing to travel for 6 months and go all over, any advice would be great. I am trying to read up on as much as I can but if there is anything that you think we may need to know please say.
This website is great and hope you good people will help us on our way with invaluable advice.
thanks

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Go for it and enjoy it. My Daughter, Husband and 5 boys have an Ace Milano and loveevery weekend along with two weeks in France. She is 26 and he is 36. I suppose she may have havebeen influenced by her Camping and Caravaning childhood. I am now a widower but still go out with my Motor Home most weekends and holidays. Never too young or too old.
I say again. Go for it and Enjoy it.

Best of luck

Don

Upvote 0

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
I've just bought one, im 32, wife 33. Big campers, best thing i've ever bought. You must be quite wealthy to take 6 month=s off at your age :ROFLMAO:, im only jeolous. Go for it :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Alli. and welcome to MotorhomeFun

If you are licensed and insured in the UK for your motorcycle then you should be OK for the rest of Europe but do check with your insurer.

The age of motorhome owners? We have had a poll on this subject Link Removed

We have loads of touring information on the site, if you can't find an answer to a question you have, please shout. There are some very experienced members here.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures, have fun.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

alli

Deleted User
thanks for your comments. Not sure about being wealthy. We are self employed and have just sold our house. We are using the funds from that and are taking 6 months off to fufil my dream. We will sell on our return and pick the business back up again. Do it now whilst we dont have kids, that is the plan.

Not really sure what to budget for though. We wont eat out all of the time and try to budget as much as we can. Any real tips on doing it on the cheap.

thanks again

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back