LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
So there I was at breakfast looking forward to 18 holes a swift half in the 19th then a quick nap in the garden.::bigsmile:

My peace was rudely shattered by SWMBO insisting that I accompany her on a shopping mission to Sainsbury.:cry:

However as they say every cloud has a silver lining. Whilst wandering around the store I happened upon the electrical department. There on the shelf reduced from £99.99 to £39.99 was a Grundig Freesat HD digbox. If only it were 12v I thought so I took a look and hallelulah it was just right for the van. Grabbing the box I inspected it only to find a small scratch on the front, an assistant told me it was the last one they had and was discontinued stock. He then offered to knock another £5 off because of the damage. A Result.:thumb:

So I have now spend an hour fitting to the van and it works perfectly and it has also solved another problem I had. The controllers for the Akura TV and Comag digibox I had were incompatible and various buttons would operate both devices and it would get most confusing.

So thanks to the wife forcing me to go shopping we now have full hd tv in the van and no longer any confusion.

So if your looking for a 12v digibox get your self to your nearest sainsbury you may be lucky like me.

Lunarman

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Asda did a 12v digi box for £13:thumb:::bigsmile: still got a couple for spares :ROFLMAO::winky:
terry

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp