*************** (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Bob, theirs a filter built in to the site which automatically does that on some links you try to post.

Olley

OP
OP
navman

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bob, theirs a filter built in to the site which automatically does that on some links you try to post.

Olley

Really disappointed in that kind of censorship....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Navman,

There is no censorship. You can mention motorhomefacts.com here to your hearts content, (you cannot mention motorhomefun on motorhomefacts though or you will meet the censor::bigsmile:)

However you cannot put the facts full URL in a post. A full link to motorhomefacts from motorhomefun will enhance their position in the search rankings to the detriment of ourselves, something I do not want to do. Unfortunately the modification is system wide so it affects PMs as well. I know its a pain, but they started it:winky:

OP
OP
navman

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
thanks for the explanation...

It is a shame that we all ( both sides) cannot act like grown ups ( not that I would ever want to be refered to as a grown up ::bigsmile:)

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
What you have to remember is you pay for the privilege of having your posts censored on motorhomefacts, this was something the the site owner started doing even before charging a subscription & was one of the reasons I wasn't willing to pay for this privilege.:Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When the owner of motorhomefacts censors the term motorhomefun on his site he is just protecting his business. He has thousands of members that do not know that motorhomefun exists and sensibly would rather not let them know that a similar site is available for free. That's just good business sense, there is nothing childish about it.

When we censor their URL it, it amounts to much the same thing, but of course we are not too worried about members leaving to pay for something they already have.::bigsmile:

Motorhomefacts is a great site, let's not use this thread as an excuse to have a moan about them, thanks :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When the owner of motorhomefacts censors the term motorhomefun on his site he is just protecting his business.

OK.

So if our glorious leader Prudence Brown blocked all media coverage of the Tories and Liberals you would be quite happy with that, would you.

Censorship is censorship and comes high recommended by Mr A Hitler, J Stalin, V Lenin and many others you might not like as neighbours.

Best not to go there.

Brian.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
You seem to forget who owns the site, who pays for it and works darn hard to provide an interesting place for us to hang out. why should Jim have to excuse himself to you or anyone else. The INTERNET is full of sites I do not agree with but respect their right to do so however they wish otherwise the world would be a boring place. I for one love this site and respect editorial comment. It does not happen very often. If you really want something different then nothing to stop you starting your own site. No one is compelled to be a member, and some of us consider it to be a privilege. Happy New Year to all readers.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You seem to forget who owns the site, who pays for it and works darn hard to provide an interesting place for us to hang out. why should Jim have to excuse himself to you or anyone else.

Well said. He does not.

But censorship is an evil thing once you start down that path you end up like the government.

The nice thing about this place is that there isn't a herd of moderators deciding what we can and cannot say.

Now someone like you objecting to what I say is healthy and excellent, just the opposite to censorship, Free Speech, long may it continue.

I don't see the logic in blocking links to MHF, anything a link can connect to is open and free to the public and can be searched via Google. It seems to me that linking content on MHF from here benefits users in here with no financial benefit to MHF but of course I may be missing the obvious reason.

Brian.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back