90 in 90 out (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You're missing the catch. The 90/180 rule doesn't just catch out just those who want a single visit of over 90 days. We used to go for 9 or 10 weeks in the late spring and return for a similar period starting late August or early September. Now if we want to return in September we have to ensure we are back in the UK by the end of May so we are back for 90 days in order to reset the clock for the next trip. We used to stay into June but can't do that any more.

It isn't the end of the world, we will adapt as we will to all the other restrictions and additional costs. It's just irritating and why I will never be happy with my loss of freedom to travel.
By my reckoning even after 10 weeks you have 20 days left, which you can add to your spring trip or use to bring your autumn trip forward.
We're also struggling with the logistics but it was surely more important to vote for what one believed ( and I still do) what was best for UK not to make holiday planning easier.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
By my reckoning even after 10 weeks you have 20 days left,
Indeed, there are 20 days left but we want our autumn trip to be a bit longer than that. The only way to achieve that is to stay in the UK for a full 90 days through the summer. Then we can go back for another longish trip.

As I said, it isn't a calamity - but it is irritating.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am very lucky.

I was devastated (and still am) by Blighty leaving the EU but (possibly incorrectly) think I have got it all sorted for myself and my moving around and staying here and there...

I have a piece of plastic saying I can reside in Portugal and have freedom of movement throughout the EU.

I have a UK passport.

I have a US passport.

I am also pretty certain that no one actually really cares, no matter what the "rules" say, where I am at any given moment and how long I have been there for.

I have motorhoming friends who have "solved" their freedom of movement problems by having Irish family members from way back!

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back