90 in 180 France maybe concessions (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I didn’t want to rush into last years application

If you are interested I should check the French government website as you may still be able to apply up till e.g. June, but even then you would have to prove that you were resident before 31.12.20 and are resident there now.

We still cannot apply yet because the forms for UK Citizens' applications have not been published, but we have till the end of the year to do it. I was already registered at our address.

Geoff

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This is quite useful. There are many other sites that also offer pretty much the same advice.

Haven't lived in the UK full-time for about 23 years....we are contented that we made, not forced into becoming residents of our adopted country, never looked at loopholes, workarounds or any other solutions....just did it how it should be done....bought a legal apartment, pay tax to departments that require us to do so....drive Spanish vehicles on Spanish licences, why have so many not siezed the chance to do the same when it was presented to them...

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Haven't lived in the UK full-time for about 23 years....we are contented that we made, not forced into becoming residents of our adopted country, never looked at loopholes, workarounds or any other solutions....just did it how it should be done....bought a legal apartment, pay tax to departments that require us to do so....drive Spanish vehicles on Spanish licences, why have so many not siezed the chance to do the same when it was presented to them...
Our lives are a very different from those who could easily choose to become residents of another country

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Our lives are a very different from those who could easily choose to become residents of another country
Everyone's lives are different....some can, some cannot....some did some didn't, so many pondered, so many didn't believe it would come to how it is now....we are now learning that the ones that delayed because they thought it wouldn't happen are trying every way possible to get a back door entry into EU residency....Everyday some new contrived method is being attempted to get extensions on the 90/180 ruling...why cannot they, not you, understand they have missed their simple route and are now trying a different way which may be costly or resulting in failure....and worst of all giving out the wrong information to others...

Deleted User

One of the unfortunate consequences of the UK's decision to leave the EU is that many people with second homes in EU countries cannot visit in the way they did previously.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As far as I'm aware your passport is scanned by customs on departure from the UK and also as you enter mainland Europe. That record is available to all customs computers, Europe wide (maybe world wide)
Your passport will be scanned on your leaving the EU and return home.
It will automatically register over stay and any penalties willbe applied.
I think.
Agree but if you have say Portugese Residency and departed UK to go to Portugal and spent 4 months there and then returned home you would be legal but would be showing over 90 days in Schengen,,,how would they know..BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Agree but if you have say Portugese Residency and departed UK to go to Portugal and spent 4 months there and then returned home you would be legal but would be showing over 90 days in Schengen,,,how would they know..BUSBY.
Obviously confused but does residency not mean it is your home ? It does here .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Because you have to show your residency then passport isn't stamped.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
My question is why would you be returning ‘ home ‘ if you are a resident
Yes I see what you mean. In Busbys case he is stating something that legally isn't possible but, some people do have it. Problem is these people need to remember when they are talking to anyone where they are & where they are supposed to be resident .

If you came via Spain though how would that work?
From where to where? I have spanish residency . If I went to the UK ,when I leave & eneter France they get the residence card. I am now in the schengen area & from then on if anyone asked they get the residence card only. On occasions I came back from Dunkerque through Belgium & in to Germant to visit my brother & sis in laws graves so would only offer card if asked.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yes I see what you mean. In Busbys case he is stating something that legally isn't possible but, some people do have it. Problem is these people need to remember when they are talking to anyone where they are & where they are supposed to be resident .

From where to where? I have spanish residency . If I went to the UK ,when I leave & eneter France they get the residence card. I am now in the schengen area & from then on if anyone asked they get the residence card only. On occasions I came back from Dunkerque through Belgium & in to Germant to visit my brother & sis in laws graves so would only offer card if asked.
You wouldn’t get a titre de Sejour here if you don’t live here and are not registered for health care and tax . Our cards are now being changed for non Eu cards and have appointment tomorrow to do that .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Because you have to show your residency then passport isn't stamped.
OK but your residency card wont show how long you spent in your country of residency,,you could have been anywhere in Schenggen. BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Visiting freinds and family? BUSBY.
I would do that too but would not be going home . And I would only have residence card if France was my main residence and I paid tax, registered for healthcare and vehicles registered in the country

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
OK but your residency card wont show how long you spent in your country of residency,,you could have been anywhere in Schenggen. BUSBY.
Why does it need to show how long I have been in my country of residence?
I think you are confused?
You,as a UK citizen ,have 90 days in 180 in europe.
I ,as a spanish resident & TIE card holder, can go in to France for 89 days then next door in to Germany for 89 days then into Belgium for another 89 then in to France for another 89 then home if I want to. There is no limit on a resident. i can be anywhere for up to 90 days the same as an EU national.
INside the eu theoretically I do not even need to be carrying a passport as long as I have the card.
Visiting freinds and family? BUSBY.
But that wouldn't be "home" ."Home " is where you are resident.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I ,as a spanish resident & TIE card holder, can go in to France for 89 days then next door in to Germany for 89 days then into Belgium for another 89 then in to France for another 89 then home if I want to. There is no limit on a resident. i can be anywhere for up to 90 days the same as an EU national.
INside the eu theoretically I do not even need to be carrying a passport as long as I have the card.

I have had a Eureka moment and now I get it at last (y)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020

I thought it was where ever you laid your hat 🤔

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I would do that too but would not be going home . And I would only have residence card if France was my main residence and I paid tax, registered for healthcare and vehicles registered in the country
All the lines are busy right now, please call back later.....have a nice day.... :LOL: So difficult to get some folk to understand..🤔🇪🇦

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
One of the unfortunate consequences of the UK's decision to leave the EU is that many people with second homes in EU countries cannot visit in the way they did previously.
Agreed. But it was surely more important to make what we believed to be the correct decision for the future of our children and the country than our holiday/retirement arrangements.

Deleted User
Agreed. But it was surely more important to make what we believed to be the correct decision for the future of our children and the country than our holiday/retirement arrangements.

I agree wholeheartedly with the reasoning of your post but not with the outcome of the decision, only time will tell.

Deleted User
Thought there was no time limit for an EU national any where in Schenggen,,,BUSBY..
My understanding is that an EU national can be inside the Schengen area for an unlimited period but if a stay in one country exceeds that countries registration/residency rules, normally 3 months, then registration or residency must be applied for.
The same rules apply to UK nationals with residency rights under the withdrawal agreement.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Thought there was no time limit for an EU national any where in Schenggen,,,BUSBY..
No. It was as the Uk was when in the EU UP TO 90 days in one EU state, .So 89 then next door ,etc; as matamoros said.
after the 89 days the clock resets if you leave.
The UK was unusual in offering up to 6 months. Under eu rules as it advantaged the citizen to a greater degree it was allowed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back