90 day max stay (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Can you apply for a Visa to stay longer in Spain I have looked at many sites but find it all very confusing. We may be looking to buy a small place but do not want to consider any other financial commitments, working just pleasure.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Hillary, I believe the short answer is not for a holiday home. I think a number of people have sold up because of the constraint, so unless you are able to claim some sort of resident status you may be stuck.

but i would be happy to be proved wrong by any member with more info.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
There are many visas, but the most common is the non lucrative Visa, which is the way of applying for Spanish residency as a third country citizen. There isn't a tourist Visa. Here's a list of them all.

<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Hi Hillary, I believe the short answer is not for a holiday home. I think a number of people have sold up because of the constraint, so unless you are able to claim some sort of resident status you may be stuck.

but i would be happy to be proved wrong by any member with more info.
Hi Phil l had looked at this on an official website and to be honest it's a bit like knitting fog but did see something about a visa that you could only apply for from your home country. We're booked BF to Santander 19th May, DIL and good booked to fly to Alicante 27th May for half term with us 🤞
Have you seen Ferry from Poole to Tanger Med is on the cards mainly to carry produce direct to UK from Morocco but now considering including MoHomes due to so much interest. 3 day crossing mind. Could mean 3 month in Maroc then 3 Month in Portugal and,/or Spain

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having spent 25 years doing Continental driving work am just wondering how UK Continental truck drivers (what few are left) are going to get round this 90 day rule. Are they only going to be able to work 6 months of the year?. Just thinking about it, and wondering if I came out of retirement and set up a small EU delivery company, just delivering a few parcels on route to my chosen destination. Then spent the next 6 months waiting for a back load :Grin:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Having spent 25 years doing Continental driving work am just wondering how UK Continental truck drivers (what few are left) are going to get round this 90 day rule. Are they only going to be able to work 6 months of the year?. Just thinking about it, and wondering if I came out of retirement and set up a small EU delivery company, just delivering a few parcels on route to my chosen destination. Then spent the next 6 months waiting for a back load :Grin:
The EU directives do not apply to people working cross borders. There are a separate set of rules for "professionals"

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The EU directives do not apply to people working cross borders. There are a separate set of rules for "professionals"
There lies the answer then. I see a surge in Tonka truck panic delivery companies based in the UK.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
There lies the answer then. I see a surge in Tonka truck panic delivery companies based in the UK.

oi..... I saw that....
No commercial goods going in the gold Burstner.. :wink::rofl:

T onks
I ndependant
T ruck
S ervices

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
oi..... I saw that....
No commercial goods going in the gold Burstner.. :wink::rofl:

T onks
I ndependant
T ruck
S ervices
TITS, coming your way. Big loads, Small loads, and everything in between loads :dance2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back