8 sleeps and then off to Parc Verger (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Unfortunately this year JJ and I could not plan any kind of travel/holiday time together. My Dad's health going up and down all the time (more downs now) there was no way I could go away as far as Portugal in Max, and I could not decently ask him to come to my place knowing the little time I could give him.

So sister coming back from her hols on the 10th, I will be set free to go away on the 11th....As I need rest I decided to go to the best place for that : Parc Verger!
Not too far away (300kms or so), fresh air, nice owners and beautiful surroundings. There, I will not be bothered by people going to the stadium and ringing the bell anytime of day and sometimes night (seldom though!), no stress with a possible gypsies invasion, dear friends to chat/drink/walk with, swimming pool to feel cooler if high temperature and as permanent homework my favorite subject....as I 'll have to carry on speaking in English!

Of course everything can change at the last minute....but I will stay positive and keep my fingers crossed that nothing definitive will happen to Dad while I'm away.

I deffo need a good break and will probably sleep for at least one day or two before being able to do anything else. Would any funster other than Munchies and Laneside be around? @Camping Parc Verger anything planned in the village for the 15th of August? I'd be delighted to meet more funsters!!

I can't wait! Franc told me he had booked me in so now peace of mind.
Count down has started!!:dance2::sun::cycle::party3::drinks::coolest::happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Unfortunately this year JJ and I could not plan any kind of travel/holiday time together. My Dad's health going up and down all the time (more downs now) there was no way I could go away as far as Portugalin Max, and I could not decently ask him to come to my place knowing the little time I could give him.

So sister coming back from her hols on the 10th, I will be set free to go away on the 11th....As I need rest I decided to go to the best place for that : Parc Verger!
Not too far away (300kms or so), fresh air, nice owners and beautiful surroundings. There, I will not be bothered by people going to the stadium and ringing the bell anytime of day and sometimes night (seldom though!), no stress with a possible gypsies invasion, dear friends to chat/drink/walk with, swimming pool to feel cooler if high temperature and as permanent homework my favorite subject....as I 'll have to carry on speaking in English!

Of course everything can change at the last minute....but I will stay positive and keep my fingers crossed that nothing definitive will happen to Dad while I'm away.

I deffo need a good break and will probably sleep for at least one day or two before being able to do anything else. Would any funster other than Munchies and Laneside be around? @Camping Parc Verger anything planned in the village for the 15th of August? I'd be delighted to meet more funsters!!

I can't wait! Franc told me he had booked me in so now peace of mind.
Count down has started!!:dance2::sun::cycle::party3::drinks::coolest::happy::happy::happy:
A wonderful plan you deserve a relaxing holiday ! Enjoy!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Try and find lots of time to relax xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Good plan. Would have liked to meet you again along with the others. Have a great time!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Frankie you definitely deserve a holiday away from the Stadium, and the problems it can bring, fingers crossed your Dad is alright while you're away and you can relax, sounds as if you have picked the right place to do it. Enjoy your holiday. x

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Is this the time for a "mini meet"? There are quite a few Funsters who live within a reasonable distance.

J

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Is this the time for a "mini meet"? There are quite a few Funsters who live within a reasonable distance.

J
I'd love to, but may be wise to ask Franc and Lisa whether they have free pitches

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hope you can relax and enjoy, I know the feeling as I'm sure many others do... dads 93 and mums 90.. and even though they have had a good life its always a concern now that they need support..
enjoy your break..
andy.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Have a great time Frankie, you deserve the rest. (y)

Not too much :wine::wine: because you know what @Munchie Kens like. :LOL:

I'm waiting for an Oi . :france:

Have fun. Bob and Janie.

Reactions: JJ

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Improving thank you, coughing i can control sneezing......ouch!
Does laughing hurt too ?! Take care I'm sure Mrs Munchie is being a good nursey! I did it for Rob for 8 weeks when he did his Achiles fair turned me to gin!!!:LOL:

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I hope all goes well and you have a well deserved break.
We had a few days there last August so I know what you
mean about relaxing.Lovely owners,lovely people on site
and lovely area.(y)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Does laughing hurt too ?! Take care I'm sure Mrs Munchie is being a good nursey! I did it for Rob for 8 weeks when he did his Achiles fair turned me to gin!!!:LOL:

Mrsmunchie? She says in the dictionary sympathy is between sh#t and syphalis

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Yep laughing hurts....fortunately for me farting is not a problem!

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Goodness me looks like I may be seeing you! We are arriving on Sunday at Parc Verger. Please make sure that the sun is out for us!

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Only 2 more sleeps and may be ....
Dad is much better . I've looked after him up to now, and just came back home. There's still something which keeps me worried, but I hope it will be sorted before I go. If not, I might delay my departure of half a day or a whole day.... There's no point in going away if my mind stays in Toulouse. I know I'll have a stone lying in my stomach if he's not completly sorted with different prob.

And now .... DINNER !

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Only 2 more sleeps and may be ....
Dad is much better . I've looked after him up to now, and just came back home. There's still something which keeps me worried, but I hope it will be sorted before I go. If not, I might delay my departure of half a day or a whole day.... There's no point in going away if my mind stays in Toulouse. I know I'll have a stone lying in my stomach if he's not completly sorted with different prob.

And now .... DINNER !
Hope your mind can be put at rest so you can get away and rest your body too xx

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Grrrr, a month too early, we could have had a few wines, never mind,at least the munchies will look after you. @Munchie .

Parc Verger a JJ free zone.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Oh Frankie so sorry we can't come but we r at Confolens for the music festival . Go carefully and relax with good company xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back