Sedgewood

Free Member
Jul 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Caravan 10 years M/H 7
The habitation door lock on my Rapido works fine manually but it should also work with the Fiat central locking. It clunks so the solenoid is working and I can hear something rattling inside the door. My problem is getting inside the door to get at the lock. I have tried a couple of dealers. Highbridge [my nearest] said book it in for late October and we will look at it! Brownhills could not help. There are no contact details on the Rapido website apart from writing, so can anyone on here help? The plastic door lining is quite brittle but still in good condition and I don't want to break anything so am a bit stuck.
The photo shows the inside of the door. The panel to the right of the inside handle
P1020906.JPG
is possibly removable but is attached from the inside with no visible fixings or screws anywhere

OP
OP
S

Sedgewood

Free Member
Jul 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Caravan 10 years M/H 7
The inner skin is clamped in place all around by the door frame. The only removable part seems to be the panel by the lock but that is attached from the inside of the door. Both the inner and outer handles have no visible fixings unlike most cars which have at least one or two screws visible or under pop off covers. It is very frustrating, unfortunately Haynes have not done a workshop manual.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
I thought our inner skin was clamped by the aluminium extrusion and would be a blighter to remove. A helpful funster recommended squeezing the sides together (after removing the bin and door handles) and it just popped out. I've had to do it several times now and give thanks to that funster and the forum every time I have to do it.
Steve

OP
OP
S

Sedgewood

Free Member
Jul 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Caravan 10 years M/H 7
There is evidence of a clear sealant between the skin and the door plus there is no flex to the inner skin, it feels very solid. I cannot find any way to remove the inner handle. I have tried [very] gentle leverage but it seems attached from the inside.
Still perplexed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back