LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
(y) Joined the 70 plus club on Monday, not planning any travels abroad just yet maybe another scandi tour in late Aug /Sept.
Spent a plesent day in the machine shop playing on my fall back classic boat project.
I think I'll be doing more knots, than not traveling.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Here in Poland, like some other countries, the insurance attaches to the vehicle not the driver. I have heard of policies which stipulate a minimum age of 25 for the driver of the vehicle, but not yet heard of a max age - must enquire.

I am 79(just) and intend to go on for a few years. I have also just got my Polish licence, with C1 medical which lasts for 5 years till next medical, so till I am near 84, so now I can look for a newer MH with confidence.

Then I have a fall-back of having a lady 16 years younger who could take over the driving - if I can boot her into taking her C1 test, as I refuse to spend my money on paying for a smaller payload and lower quality build to get under 3500kg, for full tanks and wildcamping reasons, which is our preference.

A slight aside, but I did once enquire about 'Loss of Licence'' insurance for losing C1, just as we pilots could get for our licences, but there seems to be no market. Maybe because pilots retire earlier than the 70 years when C1 medicals kick in.

Any HGV drivers got that insurance for when they need medicals at 45?

Geoff
It was very popular in the 80's & 90's however it covered loosing it through illness not being naughty if was offered a lot at that time but it was down to you loosing your job/income not leisure licence it was your income that was protected not the licence itself you could of course have legal cover which is now very common .

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Agusta08, I rallied way back in the 60’s and 70’s. We won several ASWMC events, Motoring News and National Championship events.
Unfortunately business came first, continue to do motor sport or go bust, It was a very hard decision.
A couple of years ago I was invited to spend a day at the Nigel Mansell Raceway cart track, during several heats with about thirty entries we then had two timed sessions of twenty minutes. I came away with a second place award, beaten into first place by a 14 year old by -157 of a second. Gutted !
Boy, did I ever know it the next day, every muscle and joint ached, it was worth the pain just to know you’v still got it, I was only 74 then though !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
If l HAVE to creosote the fence for hours ☹and l HAVE to do the garden ☹ l am damn sure l will carry on with my van, at 73 👍

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Crikey you are a young then being born in 1963.😃
I dont feel young when Im climbing up a ladder :giggle: someone said to me once " your as old as your knees "

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
My mom and dad were still using their motorhome a Devon van conversion when my dad was 95 and mom was 84 granted they weren’t driving it by this point but my mom was still driving it at 80. They used to have trips away with us we used to take our van and my brother would bring them to us then he would leave, mom and dad managed everything by them selves they were brilliant. We lost dad at the grand old age of 97 and a 1/2 and moms still wi use now 91they had 50 years of caravans and motorhomes and they loved it I only hope I can do as well😁

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Admittedly it was a caravan, but met a lovely couple in Spain, first time with their new to them caravan. Both well into their 80s fitter and brighter than some 50yos i know.
Age is just a number, it’s your general condition which matters.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm in the dog house so much, I had it redesigned to my own specifications ... :LOL:

Steve
A bit too subtle me'thinks.

1617656461397.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back