Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Me again
Thoughts on this van. Is 75k high mileage for a motorhome.
Rather than beating myself up about payloads, what are the thoughts on getting a nic nice trailer seeing as this one has a tow bar.
Would rather still have the payload beefed up if needs be or possible. And yes I do have the right license .
Apologies for keep bothering you just want to get this right.

https://www.motorhomedepot.com/vehicle/le-voyageur-lvx8

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Nice looking motorhome, we had a Eura Mobil on a 2.7 Mercedes pull like a train towing our smart on a trailer, good on fuel, the mileage is Ok for its age, I would not be surprised if it has the sprint shift gear box, ours did (2007) and it was no problem in the 5 years we owned it, it needs up rating 3500kg is not good. :eek:
Ours was 3850kg, and not a massive pay load, but quality is heavy. :LOL:
I'm sure someone on here has one, :rolleyes: can't think who. :LOL:
They will be along if you mention it on the title . (y)

Bob.
Ps Its @Busman :D

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Thats me stuffed mines 18 yrs old and only got 48k on it - although had it just over a year and put 9k on it - would of thought 10k a year is high unless you use it all the time for short runs as well - and i only use mine when i go away - been down to gib a couple of times as well still only clocked 9k in the year

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I bought my Rapido A class in 2008 and it now has 78K on the clock. I am confident it will do another 78K without problem, all that I have replaced is tyres and of course it has had the usual regular service.

The motorhome you are looking at looks well looked after and provided it has a full service history I wouldn't think twice about the milage, grab it before someone else does.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Compared to my use of my Motorhome, that would be low mileage for me.
The general consensus on here is that an engine is best used and running frequently ....

Looks a great van....(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Looks a beauty, full torque converter gearbox is much more desirable than the Sprintshift, definitely worth a look. The LeVoyageurs of that era were the best built.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Ugly as sin but great condition and price OK but don't know how it can be 3.5t

If it has the payload and you can bear to look at it ;) - it's a good van and 76k mileage - just run in...

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

If it has the payload and you can bear to look at it ;) - it's a good van and 76k mileage - just run in...
It's French, as all seasoned Motorhomers know all Motorhomes in France regardless of size are 3.5t. :rofl:

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Doesn't look ugly to me, looks a nice future classic.One man's meat is another man's poison.
Quality construction, no joins or seams in the one piece roof.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Nice well made mh IMO. I dont see an issue with the mileage, my concern is that the lounge is going to feel a little tight - its the usual problem with an island bed.

I couldnt see a garage picture, sometimes these are not over big but you would probably have to uprate anyway if you wanted to carry a scooter or go for a eze tow etc. each has pluses and minus.

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Just looked at the vehicle it is only 2 berth - thought it would of been at least 4 berth - a lot of money for a 13yr old 2 berth vehicle - and i wonder how easy it would be to resell without losing a lot of money.

Hopefully not upsetting anyone but that is my thoughts

Upvote 0

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Looks a lovely van - mileage wouldn’t bother me if serviced and looked after or that it was 2 berth only but we bought one with the drop down bed removed so more space for two. Sure there could be some good negotiation needed as agree with MF that is a little expensive for age but looks like such a nice van sure it will sell quickly.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just looked at the vehicle it is only 2 berth - thought it would of been at least 4 berth - a lot of money for a 13yr old 2 berth vehicle - and i wonder how easy it would be to resell without losing a lot of money.

Hopefully not upsetting anyone but that is my thoughts
Don't see what difference being 2 berth makes, quite normal for A Class to be only 2 berth with buyers opting for cupboards instead of the drop down bed.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks a nice van. Don’t worry about the mileage, if you bought it in France it would have double the mileage, at least!
I would want to check the actual payload available ( ask the seller if they will take it to a weighbridge to check)
My only concern would be the price. It seems 6 or 7k over the top to me.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
If there’s 2 of you a 2 berth van is fine, it’s in fantastic condition, mileage is not a problem and you, presumably, are not buying it to sell on!
Go for it!
Our van has 70+k, 2001, and a 3 berth.

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Don't see what difference being 2 berth makes, quite normal for A Class to be only 2 berth with buyers opting for cupboards instead of the drop down bed.
4 berth would be family size so realistically easier to find a buyer - my old A class is 6 berth and just over 6.8m long classed at 3.5T - although there is no way to legally carry additional people purely due to weight a 4 berth has advantages even for a couple - my wife fidgets a lot and it is far easier to drop cab bed and have a comfortable bed to sleep in without constantly being woken up due to her keeping on moving - and also for the hotter weather

Upvote 0

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Personally I think a 2 berth is better than a 4 berth. We opted to get one without an overhead bed as it gives more storage space and makes the lounge appear more spacious.

Obviously its each to their own but I certainly wouldn't think that selling a 2 berth would be in any way more difficult than a 4 berth.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I wouldn't worry about it being 2 berth

Mine is a 5/6 berth, drop down bed (never used), made up bed (used once) and fixed double over the garage.

I just wanted a van with more 'living room'

If the layout suits your needs it's the right sort of van...

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
I think it is a lot of money for a commercial base vehicle which has had 13 yrs to deteriorate - spending that sort of money i would compromise and try and find something on a lot newer plate - but we are all different and view things differently - old vehicles are very likely to cost money worst case would be welding and that will knock price of vehicle straight away even repaired to get through mot - unless it is the right money.
Probably better value buying new and banging a lot of miles on it will still fetch a good return compared to an old vehicles value

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back