747's (1 Viewer)

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
any other 747 owners out there? what sexy mods have you done to yours? keen to share mods done and good ideas

do you find the cushions in the back a bit hard?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We might struggle now Hugh but when we are open and we get the word out I am sure that there will be lots of you 747 owners, its a nice van.

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
We might struggle now Hugh but when we are open and we get the word out I am sure that there will be lots of you 747 owners, its a nice van.

they are quite rare i must say but i do see em about now and then. Hopefully some will roll along in the near future! :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Another 747 owner hear.Lovely van,drives like a dream but in the dealers at the moment having some minor repair work done.Cant wait to get it back,I miss it.:Blush:

steve

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Another 747 owner hear.Lovely van,drives like a dream but in the dealers at the moment having some minor repair work done.Cant wait to get it back,I miss it.:Blush:

steve

hey cool

what year is yours? mine is a 2005, great van although i dont like the comfort of the upholstery and it is not big enough after sitting in jims baby:Eeek:

philp

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
o!!!
Just bought a new 748

Hi Steve, Hugh.. I've just bought the new 748 (747 with different layout), due to pick it up next month.. can't wait

Phil:thumb:

aido

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Co. Wicklow
Funster No
MH
Euromobil
Exp
8 years
post subject

Just picked up a 747/2 on sat. will try it out at the weekend.:Smile:

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
hey missed this, we seem to be growing in numbers, however i may be leaving the fold

thinking of a change to maybe a elegance 821 or similar, going to take a peek at the show in newbury

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
hi there
we now have a 748-2 :) love it
:)

Bomber

Free Member
Mar 23, 2009
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
5 years
Hi Steve, Hugh.. I've just bought the new 748 (747 with different layout), due to pick it up next month.. can't wait

Phil:thumb:
We have had our 748 for 17 months have been in temperatures from -8 to +30 degrees, have also toured England, France and Spain with no complaints at all.

Bomber

Decmac

Free Member
May 17, 2008
Funster No
Burstner owner

We have had our 748 for 17 months have been in temperatures from -8 to +30 degrees, have also toured England, France and Spain with no complaints at all.

Bomber
Haven't been to any cold parts yet but would like to take it to a skiing resort in France next year. Any advice on snow chains, etc. I also assume ferries would be cheaper to use in December, January, February, March so costs would not be like travelling in summer when prices go up. Last year we went to the French Riviera (Frejus, St. Maxime, Antibes, Cannes, St. Tropez, etc. and temperatures were 30+ which was great. Took a little fan to keep us cool at night! Got a little scratch recently outside our home on the awning and must look into a small home repair job. Best of luck with your machines (Burstner).::bigsmile:

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

We have had our 748 for four years now & it has done very well. We took out the oven & fitted a microwave in the same hole & trimmed it off with stainless steel. We also took out the sliding tv shelf & fitted in a sat box dvd recorder and a HiFi unit to give us surround sound with the TV. Fitted a crankup sat dish so as her indoors can watch all the soaps when we are in france & spain. I took the spare wheel out from under the garage floor & mounted it inside the garage. This can now roll in & out on the motorbike ramp. The garage is fitted out with a load of hangers along the back wall to carry all the odd bits. We also carry with us the laptop printer & laminator. The most helpfull bit of kit is the garmin 2820 GPS which is waterproof & goes straight onto the motorbike.

steve & ann. ------------- teensvan.

Decmac

Free Member
May 17, 2008
Funster No
Everything

Hi.

We have had our 748 for four years now & it has done very well. We took out the oven & fitted a microwave in the same hole & trimmed it off with stainless steel. We also took out the sliding tv shelf & fitted in a sat box dvd recorder and a HiFi unit to give us surround sound with the TV. Fitted a crankup sat dish so as her indoors can watch all the soaps when we are in france & spain. I took the spare wheel out from under the garage floor & mounted it inside the garage. This can now roll in & out on the motorbike ramp. The garage is fitted out with a load of hangers along the back wall to carry all the odd bits. We also carry with us the laptop printer & laminator. The most helpfull bit of kit is the garmin 2820 GPS which is waterproof & goes straight onto the motorbike.

steve & ann. ------------- teensvan.

You seem to have everthing on board, but the kitchen sink!!! You must be very handy around the house. Great to be able to do all those improvements on your van. Hold on to it for another four years. We have the oven over the fridge/freezer but the only fault we find is it cooks things pretty slowly. Maybe not enough gas power there. Still it's only our second home!! We don't have the spare wheel (just the kit in case we get a puncture). Dealer told us this is the way it is going in Europe. Less weight I suppose.::bigsmile:

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
hi,after 11 years tugging and a sweedish couple ending up between the van and car whilst leaving a junction on the A1 :whatthe:'ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD':Angry:they obviously thought, mmm,England,left lane,and very swiftly swerved in between the van and jeep.:Blush:.no one hurt thank god,::bigsmile:but never felt safe after :Sad:that,so hubby tempted me to go for motorhome,and never looked back since.:thumb:.went for the same comforts as fleetwood caravan as i love radiators,good for drying kids socks,bought a burstner 747/2.....permanent 2 double beds.our's and daughter's..fully made for when huffy moments arrive...our daughter,not us.....m.home is too big to rive around in for short trips,so would like to know from anyone if they have ever fitted an awning rail to motorhome,we have the fiamma,don't like the sides,looks like market stall,do the job,but not for me.The door is very high and catches the tunnel of the 2 drive away awnings we have,anyway,they don't feel like awnings.anyway,i'm not picky picky,but surely someone wants the same idea and comforts as me,they are also to keep 2 labs insitu as they escape from the tunnels of the drive away ones..:cry:

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
,so would like to know from anyone if they have ever fitted an awning rail to motorhome,...
We've got a full 'caravan type' awning rail as well as a roll-out. We are getting pretty well practised at getting the awning up and down and I think I'd add it to any future van too. It is great to sit in the awning on an evening especially if we are on a big site in the summer, we've got young kids so when the youngest goes to bed it is nice to be able to sit out read a book or watch the TV etc etc without disturbing the little one.

I know it might seem a strange thing to add to a motorhome because it completely retricts movement once it is up, but I see it as having the best of both worlds. We use the roll-out if we are 'touring' and the full awning for a fixed holiday.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

David

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
many thanks david.thats what i wanted to hear,i had a feeling i could do it.everyone said'why do i want to fit awning to motorhome'.well thats why...bet your wife gave you the idea.lol....now i need too adapt the awnings.she's a tag ax burstner,high door...i will sus this out if it kills me....please,anyone reading this,don't put me off..heres what we have to adapt.....1 harrington drive away porch...1 bradcot porch from c'van...1,dorema roughly 1065?....i need to highten them somewhere,somehow so door won't catch.i want access to the garage for bits and bobs.angie.:Doh:

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
You're welcome Angie and good luck with the project.

I'm a great believer that you can do anything with enough motivation and determination.

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Happy to say that we've just joined the Motorhome fraternity with a 2005 Argos 748.

Enjoying pottering in it but not had a night away yet! :Doh:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I was about to say I remember that name from way past and a certain lady member being tickled by his name. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back