Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Hi again,
on the middle bed could somebody advise how the cushions should go as i may be missing something ?
Table down etc no problem but the table is shorter than the fold out end bits so question is what fills this gap ?
Thanks
Paul

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
What year van ??

If its the one where there are 2 drop out flaps at the ends of the seat there is a small piece of wood that fits in the space.. Also extra cushions that do not fit in seating area are required... Mine are all in the loft as we never used them !!!!
We have always just dropped the table down onto the runners, moved the seating cushions into the gap and made do with the width as it is.. Plenty of room for when the wife sleeps there while I am "up top" with one of the grandkids...
Bit squashed when 2 people try and use it...::bigsmile:

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Top man thanks, yes its that type and a 2003 truck (remembered not Tonka this time).
I have the extra cushions "up top" so best have a look for the fill piece now i know there should be one.
Cheers
paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Our first MH was an 2003 Apache 700 SE - the middle bed had two long spare cushions (ours were stored in the overcab bed) that fit in the space. There is a drop out/down section next to the seats that make the bed full width.

Having said that we never made up that bed to sleep on and used either the overcab or rear lounge. We found the overcab fine but the dogs wanted to come up there with us so we ended up making up the bed in the rear lounge.

Kath & Howie

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
the spare wood infil lis possibly under one of the dinnette seats, mine was under the frontone , tucked down the side between the front bulk head and the gas box inner pannel took a while to find. If you can find it just replace it with a bit of ply

(Allthough I have a scout the layouts the same.)

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
As promised here are the photos,

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

see next post for more

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
as previous post
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

again see next post

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
finally
Broken Link Removed
the first 4 pics show dimensions of piece of wood, on our van we stow flat on top of gas locker under front dinette seat as shown in this last pic along with our fridge vent covers
for safe keeping. When in use on the bed it fits between table and wall. As shown in picture 6.

The two grey cushions go against wall under window, the forward facing seat base cushion slides out towards the kitchen, the rearward facing seat base cushion is placed upto it and covers the table,next you use the long back cushion,and finally the 2 half cushions, when in use we sleep with heads towards shower end therefore your main body is supported on largest cushions.

Hope this all Helps, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me

Regards
Steve:thumb:

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Jeese thanks Steve for your time and trouble, i deffo dont have that piece but with your kind measurements i soon will have :thumb:

I just had the thing inside out and contacted the last owner to no avail.

See inside mine enclosed (wires are as i am draining the battery flat to then recharge it). Have you added a bigger battery & box ?
Is that extra seat belts i spotted also ?

Another thing the clip pictured is behined the passenger seat, whats it for as to small for the table ?
Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 22

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
You should have a second table which has two folding legs, this can be used in your rear
lounge for dining, or outside as in this photo of ours in Portugal.when not in use it folds up and slides on end into that space and is then held secure by that plastic catch shown in your second photo. Link Removed

Yes have fitted second battery and additional 2 lap belts to rear facing dinette seat.

Mechanic by trade so no problem for me.

regards
Steve

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
You should have a second table which has two folding legs, this can be used in your rear
lounge for dining, or outside as in this photo of ours in Portugal.when not in use it folds up and slides on end into that space and is then held secure by that plastic catch shown in your second photo. Link Removed

Yes have fitted second battery and additional 2 lap belts to rear facing dinette seat.

regards
Steve

sorry to jump in here, but Steve did you fit the extra two belts yourself?

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

regards
Steve
Mine has a factory fiitted box as pictured so i thought as bigger you had just fitted a bigger box.
Bums in that case i am missing a table, could you pls advise lxwxh then i can source one ?
Have cut the ply to your measurements and job jobbed.

Cheers,
Paul

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
mine is exact same dimensions as dinette table, only difference is it has 2 folding legs.
dimensions are L 955mm x W 550 x H 715.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
Happy hunting

Just an after thought re missing bed piece, have you looked in wardrobe there
is a trap door in bottom gives access to lower half of wardrobe behind fire, big space there,check it out.

Regards
Steve:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks again Steve, i will start a search and may get lucky.

Yeah i did look in the "well", new one is stored in place now as luckily had a piece of 18mm ply in the garage and jig sawed it to size, result.
Regards
Paul

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Thanks again Steve, i will start a search and may get lucky.

Yeah i did look in the "well", new one is stored in place now as luckily had a piece of 18mm ply in the garage and jig sawed it to size, result.
Regards
Paul

Id wait untill you find you NEED a table before buying, we use a fold up slated table for outdoor use, in 3 years of having our unit we have never
used the extra table in the rear.

When we got our scout the main dinnette table had a small dent/hole in it where something had been droped on it, I priceed a new top up from autotrail, nearly £100 so I looked for two years before getting a un-used top on ebay, there a bit like rocking horse poo....

Id try someone like o'learys if you really want one

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Id wait untill you find you NEED a table before buying, we use a fold up slated table for outdoor use, in 3 years of having our unit we have never
used the extra table in the rear.

When we got our scout the main dinnette table had a small dent/hole in it where something had been droped on it, I priceed a new top up from autotrail, nearly £100 so I looked for two years before getting a un-used top on ebay, there a bit like rocking horse poo....

Id try someone like o'learys if you really want one

Mmm methinks you may have a point there, we already have a neat freestanding table for outside so dont need another as such just nice to have it all but then nah, i dont need it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I cannot add anything to this post but to say this is exactly why I joined, to get good solid help when stuck as well as meets/sites info etc. Well done Spannerman Steve, first class help I would say.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp