600FF mis-sold as 4 berth!!!! Be aware (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Vanman - pic abve has DIFFERENT cushions to ours! Less of them and flatter - maybe we have the wrong ruddy cushions!!

Although that's possible I suppose, it seems unlikely. What is VERY likely - to my mind, is that neither of the cushion pictures is correct for your van - they can't both be right and my guess is neither.

If you look closely at night position image you can see the outline of the lower bed in dashes and the shape does not correspond to the cushion pictures you've been given. It looks too much co-incidence that cushion A would make that cut in shape so I would start with that and leave D and F where they start. You're right the table doesn't move, but it wouldn't need to if the lower bed 'cut in' towards it - leaving very little overhang. If I were you I'd experiment for an hour or two. (y)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I probably didn't explain it very well, and as a picture paints a thousand words ... here is how I think the key bit goes :)

600ffb_j_zpsw6auhgee.jpg

OP
OP
Richard Mason
Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
Think so!! Rapido eventually sent a 4th (!) version...Looks the biggest area yet and I guess will work but have still to try it.

Attachments

• Rapido Final2.jpg
    Rapido Final2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 600final4.jpg
    600final4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 69

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Our previous van had a similar configuration for the 2 nd bed and we never had it made ,up we think there was a separate piece of wood missing which was supposed to be used. Sold on and hope the dealer found the piece of wood for the next customer.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If it is anything like our present and previous Rapido, do not worry because if you have more than two people in then it will be over the maximum weight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Our 881F is a 3 berth if 3500 or 4 berth if over, I believe, but this is more loading than bedding constraints. We had an extensive handover from Brownhills and overnighted in the van before finalising payment. Anything origamic like this would have led us to insist on a demonstration beforehand. We ensure the van does not freeze because I have no intention of re-setting the dump valve.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We solved ours by buying a piece of wood and a foam insert :xsmile: the blue piece is the new one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
Richard Mason
Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
We have have no weight issues with 4 people in the van as there is a good payload in this van. I will not be adding a bit as it should work "out of the box". New map seems better so happy and LOVE our van which is under 6m and has loads more room than many 7m plus vans:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Although our Dinette will seat 4 people, in the middle underneath the cushions, there is a knob, if you pull it and push out the side of the seat at the same time, slot in two extra cushions it will turn the dinette into a good sized double rather than a 1 1/2 sized bed.
Good for us, I sleep on the "posh" fixed double, while Maureen, because she struggles getting up on the Fixed bed, (Approx 900-1mtr high)it's good for her on the dinette bed. and we don't wake each other up when the dreaded "night time gotta go" happens

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
jesus, I've been reading this thread all night and trying to watch the football.

forget the make up of cusions, the colours and the letters,

can you sleep 4 people in there yet or not?

is it a 4 berth for "small people"

I love my rapido, never overweight, plenty of quality fixtures and fittings, and superior in so many ways to a BT van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
jesus, I've been reading this thread all night and trying to watch the football.

forget the make up of cusions, the colours and the letters,

can you sleep 4 people in there yet or not?

is it a 4 berth for "small people"

I love my rapido, never overweight, plenty of quality fixtures and fittings, and superior in so many ways to a BT van.
BT? Is that British Telecom or Bl---y Tuetonic.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back