Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
After trying a scooter, an Axiam car on trailer I have now become a reborn cyclist.
Albeit an ELECTRICAL one.
Great it is, easily fits on rear cycle carrier, only 21kgs.
My first weekend on it was on the flat lands around Kilnsea UK, did approx 30 miles, next weekend was at home so just tried a few gentle hills, all OK.
Then last weekend Bolton Le Sands. Went into Morecambe, went shopping in Carnforth, and in the evening nipped out to collect pre ordered chinese take away. Latter a bit hairy on coastal path as the headlight was USELESS.
I can use the bike on throttle only and it is supposed to last about 25 miles, not tried that as I try to pedal at most times so lasts longer, not flattened battery yet.
Yes after getting back on a bike after 45 years this weekend my legs do ache a little, but I'm sure that will wear off. The greatest asset of the e bike to me is setting off, no struggling with balance and pedalling, twist the throttle and away I go, great when turning right at an uphill set of traffic lights. Then pedal lightly, it really it's FUN. I'm not deliberately mentioning where I got the bike as DONT want it to seem like an endorsement. It was not the cheapest, and certainly not the most expensive.
BUT IT IS FUN
It has really livened me up, seen areas local to sites etc that I may have not.
Now use google earth to look around where we are, then I'm off leaving the missus to Judge Judy on the TV!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Autowbars, What make is your bike & approx cost please, as I am thinking of buying an E bike.
Terry

OP
OP
Autowbars

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
It was £850 ish, I did view a few at cycle shops, fro £450 but the quality even from a then non cyclist was rubbish.
I bought mine from a company beginning with R in Hornsea, 200 mile round trip, so a good excuse for a weekend away. I can tell you all now I did have a small problem at first but it was QUICKLY sorted at no cost to me.
I don't usually endorse items, and maybe should not be doing so now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Autowbars

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Yep, we are going back to them to get a step thro for HWMBO,
I think it will be great for her as suffered a bit last few years with illness and a LITTLE excercise will only benefit.
She has seen the smile on my face when using the bike and now is defiantly wanting one, even if Jacky don't use it as much as me it will be worth it.
Off to Belgium in a couple o weeks, she can do the bread run !!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After trying a scooter, an Axiam car on trailer I have now become a reborn cyclist.
Albeit an ELECTRICAL one.the TV!

I'm not so sure a youngster like you should have electric.
But what the hell, enjoy.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Think it will open up a whole new world to you with your motorhome, our bikes have taken us to places we would never have seen with out the bikes, enjoy.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Great to see someone enjoying their exercise(y), and when you and the misses go out together just make sure you don't get in the way of any RV's ok;)

OP
OP
Autowbars

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Moodybrook, love Exploring, but the missus has going to get attached Bilssfully, yes it is ROODOG bikes of Hornsea, they ley me try out different bikes, Jacky had a bit of a shock when twisting throttle, it is also over 45 years since she rode a bike, when it set off on its own, she did turn the throttle, it made me pee mi'sen.
Her face!!!
Shock horror etc.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Good luck, I am trying to get Mrs MB interested in one, took her to a shop in York (visiting sister), the Electric bike shop it is near the back of M&S, however the blinkers were down and you know the old story about taking an horse to water etc. but I ain't giving up as I know it would broaden her horizons and make the motorhome experience all the more enjoyable. I have a non leccy folder that fits in the fiamma box on the back of the van. I am fairly fit (at the moment), got it fitted to tow my golf trolley, and brackets for the fishing rods, tackle box on the carrier. :)

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
What are the rules for an Ebike? Do you have to obey the highway code or are they like pedal cycles ie no need to stop at red traffic lights, can go wrong way down one way streets etc?

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi wife has a dutch style freegoo £1200,I have mountain bike style £600 whoosh bikes
before these we had folders from gee bikes at saxilby nr lincoln, only sold these as purchased MH.would not be without them now.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi wife has a dutch style freegoo £1200,I have mountain bike style £600 whoosh bikes
before these we had folders from gee bikes at saxilby nr lincoln, only sold these as purchased MH.would not be without them now.

I also have a Freego Eagle Dutch style bike bought from a shop in Cromer, excellent piece of kit except for the paint on the frame that chips too easily,I have seen much more of places than I would have done without it, a great investment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back