Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
After starting off in tents and then moving to caravans, we have decided it's time for a change, so I am part exchanging my 18 month old caravan for a motorhome. If only I knew I was going to do that 18 months ago, I could have saved a hell of a lot of money. Oh Well.
Will be picking up a 2007 Autotrail Frontier Scout on Sunday.
We had a holiday booked to Cornwall with the caravan in a couple of weeks, so have changed it to the MH. Not sure if we are near public transport or anything, but the site is next to a dog friendly beach. Thankfully the in-laws live down there so we will borrow their car if we need to.
Next year it will be off to do some European touring, although we will only be able to manage a max of 2 weeks due to work commitments, so I am sure I will be along closer to the time to find out the best places to visit and stay for the short periods available to us.
Hope to also get up to Scotland next year as well to see some of the delights it has to offer. Whilst I am there regularly for work, the taxi ride to and from the airports is about as much sightseeing as I get to do.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Smashie

Hope you enjoy your motorhome, it is different to a caravan for sure.

Martin

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
The 6 days waiting for your motorhome will seem more like six weeks. Hope all goes well for you.

OP
OP
S

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The 6 days waiting for your motorhome will seem more like six weeks. Hope all goes well for you.

Thanks.

Put the deposit down a week ago, so already waited 1 week. Won't be able to use it once I get it as early next morning I have to catch a flight for work and won't be back until the Thursday. 3 weeks from putting down deposit I will finally be able to load it up and make space in the dining room from all the stuff I took out from the caravan.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As I’ve now only got 4 more sleeps to go, does anyone know what size disklok a 2007 autotrail Scout on a fiat base would need? Might as well get ordering so it is here when I collect it.
Already contacted vanbitz and if I still got some readies left after paying for the van and a few extras, I’ll be getting the van booked in for the full works.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I'm sure you'll enjoy the motorhome, and it sounds like you have some great places lined up to visit!

OP
OP
S

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
View media item 23287Caravan being part exchanged at dealer

View media item 23286Motorhome at dealer being collected.

View media item 23285Gaslow bottle being tested. Found it there is a small leak on the elbow joint for the filler. New joint on order and they will come to me to replace.

View media item 23288Motorhome on drive.
Fridge and freezer smells a bit. Put some bicarbonate in some little trays in there to get rid of the smell.
Had 1/4 tank of water in it, so drained system down and will puriclean it next weekend once back from my work trip.
Dash cam (nextbase 412) purchased and fitted, just got to find the sdcard.
On the list is to fit the tv bracket. Will get a bit of extra wood and screw through the wardrobe i to it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just tried to fit my milenco clamp from the caravan, it don’t fit! Wheel spokes the wrong shape. Will have a look around the classifieds soon to see what is around.
I still have that same milenco clamp in my shed somewhere. Absolutely hated it. Was a nightmare to put on/take off and I’m sure an undesirable could have had it off far quicker than I could even with the right keys.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Make a paste with your bicarb and water and wipe around the fridge, it will keep the fridge/freezer smelling sweet for a long time!

Denise

OP
OP
S

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Make a paste with your bicarb and water and wipe around the fridge, it will keep the fridge/freezer smelling sweet for a long time!

Denise
Thanks. I’ve asked the other half to do that if it still smells tomorrow. Would do it myself, but I’ll be out of the country ‘till Thursday night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back