Jan 31, 2021
East Sussex Newhaven
Funster No
MH
Renault Master
Exp
Conversion
Greetings fellow members,
more than 6 months on the van has progressed a very long way now, pictures included. All of the external bodywork has been sorted and repainted the wheels have been revamped and painted, being a former mini bus the triple front seats have been scraped and two normal seats have been fitted from a Peugeot rag top sport have been installed including the air bag system ( and what a paint that was positioning the crash sensors.
the living area has been fully insulated and lined then retrimmed and finished with a nice silver grey deep carpet, the solar panels have been fitted with charge controllers.
I have built bespoke overhead storage cupboards the bedding area has been installed (needs finishing) and I have installed seating in the back and adapted the seating for storage of emergency breakdown storage and bed linen storage.
I have been given my insurance quote (cheap as chips) so all being well we will be on the road within the next 4 weeks and looking forward to covering a few miles,
20210625_152932.jpg
20210625_121844.jpg
20210625_183853.jpg
20210706_140447.jpg
20210708_171102.jpg
20210625_151713.jpg

happy motoring all

Lordvader
Mike

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Nice I hope it's a 2.5 or2.8 and not a 2.2?!

I do miss my one. It felt like a real camper and not a delivery van! The transit mk8 is better in every way except that when you got in the master you felt like you were going in holiday .... Much like a Vario, 207d or lt35 would.....

Cheers James

OP
OP
Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Free Member
Jan 31, 2021
East Sussex Newhaven
Funster No
MH
Renault Master
Exp
Conversion
Greetings James
It is the 2.2 but being a motor vehicle lecturer I enjoy keeping on top of it, irrelevant of time It has a oil and filter change dont matter if It has only done a few miles, and I always go for a good quality oil.
during the oil service the EGR is taken out cleaned and refitted, the only issue I have had with it to date was a strange issue with the indicators, the n/s/r indicator bulb popped and for some really strange reason known only to Renault the indicator relay shuts down and cuts out the indicators until the bulb has been changed, (welcome to the twilight zone)..
I am planning to strip and rebuild the turbo, I can get the rebuild kit from garrets for about £50 or just get a new turbo core for £98.
Lordvader
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Good luck.
My turbo failed drank it's oil and knackered it's big ends....

Cheers James

OP
OP
Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Free Member
Jan 31, 2021
East Sussex Newhaven
Funster No
MH
Renault Master
Exp
Conversion
Afternoon James
by what you described I would place a good bet on the ceramic turbo seal was worn, that way it forces the oil into the induction side of the turbo. Not enough to cause excessive smoke but just enough to feast on your engine oil, well worth keeping a close check on.
Lordvader
Mike

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
That's an intriguing looking single post lift you're using there ! 🤭

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Afternoon James
by what you described I would place a good bet on the ceramic turbo seal was worn, that way it forces the oil into the induction side of the turbo. Not enough to cause excessive smoke but just enough to feast on your engine oil, well worth keeping a close check on.
Lordvader
Mike
Hi probably was the case.

I struggled to get another engine fitted, which had issues. So I sold it and brought a transit mk8.

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back