Free Member
Feb 1, 2009
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Hi I am trying to book a ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in October with Brittany Ferries.
Tried online giving my total rig length (using the car/caravan combos) 12m & height 3.2m the total price for 2 people 1 dog & large cabin = £495
Before booking I rang Brittany for a quote....£585!! Was told I couldn't book on line because it's a fifth wheel.
Hope somebody on here has experience of ferry bookings & can offer some advice.
Many thanks Derek

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
i dont think it was P&O you rang as they dont do the Santander crossing nor the Bilbao either only Brittany ferries do them now.When booking online you need to have the total outfit length truck and 5ver when hitched then in the boxes tick vehicle and caravan then devide the total length accordingly and put the smaller length in for the truck with its height and the longer one for the 5ver, not forgetting the height (tip- keep the van length under 8mtrs as over that you pay extra per mtr). plain sailing as they say have done it many times with our 5ver although these days i do the shorter crossing as i find Brittany ott on prices by the time they are all added up.

OP
OP
D

degzy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2009
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Since 2008
i dont think it was P&O you rang as they dont do the Santander crossing nor the Bilbao either only Brittany ferries do them now.When booking online you need to have the total outfit length truck and 5ver when hitched then in the boxes tick vehicle and caravan then devide the total length accordingly and put the smaller length in for the truck with its height and the longer one for the 5ver, not forgetting the height (tip- keep the van length under 8mtrs as over that you pay extra per mtr). plain sailing as they say have done it many times with our 5ver although these days i do the shorter crossing as i find Brittany ott on prices by the time they are all added up.
Thanks Chatter, quite right it was Brittany:Blush:. Taken your advise & now booked:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back